3. 90 - Patrick Jones II, DE, Pittsburgh

SemperFeist

don't know much about him as a prospect other than his production but one good sign among all of his subpar measurables is his acceleration. his 10-yard split was 1.58 which is 92nd percentile and iirc anything sub-1.6 seconds has a decent correlation with edge rushers and success in the league.

i'll wait until i see more prospect breakdowns on him before reacting.

Jones II doesn’t seem to fit the traditional athletic profile that we’ve seen the Vikings draft at this spot, but when it comes to edge rushers, I flat out trust this staff’s ability to evaluate, and Patterson’s ability to coach and develop. 

Looking forward to see what Jones II can do. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think Jones has the best potential of all our picks. No joke. Patterson can make him into a star!

Patrick-Jones_II_Louisville_2020_QB-Sack

Agreed, sure he did not have  a great workout or Senior bowl performance but dude can be a beast and really gets after it.  Another guy late 1st round potential after the season, had great production the last two seasons.

9 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

The freaking Ragatz dude says "risky developmental players" in Mond and Surratt.  Its the ******* 3rd round, and Vikings have 4 of them, what are they supposed to do, draft guys without any upside?  Mond absolutely could have been a late 1st round pick in a different draft and should have been a 2nd rounder by Chicago but they drafted Fields 1st round instead.   Either way yeah love the Patrick Jones pick as well.

Patterson has such a great track record in the mid rounds at DE. I just automatically accept the selection if he gives the thumps up!

Jones has talent and well a chance to develop without being rush to the field. He's faster than his 40 time considering he hurt his hamstring and Pitt track was slow (every Pitt player had a slow 40 time) 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, whitehops said:

don't know much about him as a prospect other than his production but one good sign among all of his subpar measurables is his acceleration. his 10-yard split was 1.58 which is 92nd percentile and iirc anything sub-1.6 seconds has a decent correlation with edge rushers and success in the league.

i'll wait until i see more prospect breakdowns on him before reacting.

Injured his hammy on his 40 on his pro day. That’s why you see the elite ten yard split and everything else subpar.

• Like 1