WK 7: Redskins @ Philadelphia

turtle28

5 Matchups to watch in Redskins vs. Eagles Week 7

Redskins vs Eagles Week 7 2017 Hype Video

https://youtu.be/EBrm36Z8LT8

https://riggosrag.com/2017/10/20/5-matchups-to-watch-in-redskins-vs-eagles-in-nfl-week-7/

Oppo Research

This week the Redskins take on the 5-1 Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field in downtown Philadelphia. The Eagles have the best record in the league and are leading the NFC East. 

Needless to say this is a huge game, the Redskins almost best the Eagles in week 1, but mistakes by Cousins, the WRs, the OL & a few blown coverages and missed tackles by the defense sealed their fate.

This is certainly a must have. The Redskins can’t afford to go down 0-2 in the division the Eagles. If they do lose, it almost seals their fate in hopes of winning the division. 

The Eagles pose a great test. They have an athletic quarterback who escaped 3 or 4 sacks by redskin defenders in week 1, one of which he escaped the grasp of 3 Redskins defenders to find Nelson Agolor open Deep downfield for the 1st TD of the game.

They also have one of - receiving TEs in the NFL with Zack Ertz who absolutely killed the Redskins in week 1. Deshazor Everret and our ILBs could not cover him. I’m not sure what we’ll so tomorrow but I suggest jamming him at the  line of scrimmage, and then using Swearinger to cover him. If that means we have to take an ILB off the field an insert a 6th DB at times then so be it. We know that Brown and Foster can’t cover him.

With a revamped wr core - Jeffery & Torrey Smith - they pose a threat on the outside that they did not the past several years ever since Kelley cut Djax & Maclin  left. They also have new running backs - including Legarret Blount. He’s a big back who provides a challenge in short yardage for Redskins defenders. They lost Sproles for the year but they have Smallwood and rookie Corey Clement to be change of pace as back ups to Blount.

The Eagles in defense have been great this year. Their front 4 is one of the best in the nfl and they have good depth. They have young talent at linebacker, arguably the best linebacker core in the nfl. Their secondary has been revamped the past two years with draft picks and veteran acquisitions. They traded for Ronald Darby before the season and he is expected to return today and their young corners Mills and Douglas have stepped up in his absence as well. Last but not least they have one of the best safety tandems in the nfl with the or bowler Malcolm Jenkins and Rodney McCleoud. They will make it tough on the Redskins weapons throughout the game as they did week 1.

The Redskins

The Redskins were literally one Bad Cousins pass in the redzone - which would have been a TD to Crowder if he just threw a half way decent ball - and a poor attempt at a block by Moses on Graham at the end of the game from winning last time these teams locked up.

I expect the Redskins defense to be better this week than in week 1 - even w/o Jon Allen - because I don’t expect them to blow coverages and I expect them to be more sound in everything they do. Our DL must get the same pass rush that it did week 1 vs Wentz but they didn’t get home on a few possible sacks which Wentz turned into big plays in the first match up, on Monday night, the Redskins must get Wentz on the ground. They can’t expect the coverage to hold up for 5 seconds, even if Bree & Norman play.

On offense the passing game has gotten better in the last 4 games than it was in week 1 and while Cousins still hasn’t found great chemistry with any of his receivers, he has with Thompson and his TEs.

Redskins: Chris Thompson wary of Eagles fans

https://nflspinzone.com/2017/10/20/washington-redskins-chris-thompson-avoid-eagles-fans/

The Ol has vastly improved since week 1 and the running game has shown flashes of being great but still remained inconsistent.

Will Norman, Breeland and Kelley play?

It remains to be seen if any of these guys will play or all of them. From reports this week it at least seems that they will all give it a go.

Expect this game to be close like all NFC East battles. Either team could win and it will come down to who makes the Elat amount of mistakes.

PREDICTION:

Redskins: 31

Eagles: 24

Bro’s- been spending lots of money supporting the hidden economy in SA. Glad my payday is coming this Monday! Everybody is betting the Eagles to kill us. The spread has gotten ridiculous. Everybody  is against the Redskins- their third best defensive player won’t play ( Norman) , yeah everyone thinks he’s the best but Kerrigan and Brown are more important. Trent is injured needing surgery but wtf Nsheke hurt too? Trent will “ use some help” and play and play pretty good. He should be on IR right now and is impressing me with his toughness especially since I’ve knocked him on his skill Has declined the last three years. 

Go Redskins to cover. Heck I think we even win this one

Pisco Sours for all!! 

Doc Out! 

CBTAtWAUsAABZZ8.jpg

can’t figure how to post my own pics but here is an example of Rio Cheerleaders! The middle one gets me thinking who needs football anyway lol 

i still feel great about this game. We definitely ( well nothing out of one’s own control is definite) that we cover. And I think we pull off a shocking upset. The Eagles are a paper tiger 

Archived