WK 7: Redskins @ Philadelphia

turtle28

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Our playcalling arguably better than last year . If garçon and Jackson stayed we be undefeated .

I like that we are running the ball more and calling more screens to Thompson, that’s a Gruden call. 

Hard to say if our intermediate to deep passing game is a result of losing McVay or because we lost Djax & Garçon. I tend to lean towards the loss of the WRs over losing McVay as being the bigger loss.

I love McVay but Gruden has done a good of calling plays and has done a great job of using the screen game w/ Thompson.

I can’t say that we’d be undefeated if we had all 3 still. Our red zone offense was poor last year also, so that wouldn’t have been different. It was Crowder who Kirk missed for the possible game winner week 1, not an outside wr. I don’t think Garçon could even attempt to make the play on the ball tha Doctson did vs the Chiefs. Perhaps w/ our passing game being more consistent throughout the game w/ those two though we put up more points but not on those final offensive plays.

10 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

CBTAtWAUsAABZZ8.jpg

can’t figure how to post my own pics but here is an example of Rio Cheerleaders! The middle one gets me thinking who needs football anyway lol 

i still feel great about this game. We definitely ( well nothing out of one’s own control is definite) that we cover. And I think we pull off a shocking upset. The Eagles are a paper tiger 

Labeling them A-E (left to right), my order would be: E, B, D, C, A (but it's close between B & E)

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I like that we are running the ball more and calling more screens to Thompson, that’s a Gruden call. 

Hard to say if our intermediate to deep passing game is a result of losing McVay or because we lost Djax & Garçon. I tend to lean towards the loss of the WRs over losing McVay as being the bigger loss.

I love McVay but Gruden has done a good of calling plays and has done a great job of using the screen game w/ Thompson.

I can’t say that we’d be undefeated if we had all 3 still. Our red zone offense was poor last year also, so that wouldn’t have been different. It was Crowder who Kirk missed for the possible game winner week 1, not an outside wr. I don’t think Garçon could even attempt to make the play on the ball tha Doctson did vs the Chiefs. Perhaps w/ our passing game being more consistent throughout the game w/ those two though we put up more points but not on those final offensive plays.

Our deep ball is awful this year .. I was hoping Pryor could of been a deep ball type here and there .

Huge,huge game.  Division game,all bets are off. Hopefully Breeland is playing.  We have to put pressure on Wentz.  Blitz,blitz,Blitz! Stick to the run,even when nothing is there. We turned the ball over 4 times when we played them the first time and were still in it with less than 4 minutes left in the game.  Cousins needs to take advantage of the sub-par cornerbacks that the Eagles have. Need Reed to have his breakout game of the season tonight. Hopefully Nicholson starting this game unlike the first makes a difference. The Eagles have the Niners next so we need to add a loss to there record or they go 7-1.I'm pumped, ready for some football!

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

Our deep ball is awful this year .. I was hoping Pryor could of been a deep ball type here and there .

Yes, because we lost Djax but Djax hasn’t really done anything in Tampa either because Jameis targets Evans so much.

Pryor & Cousins Just aren’t in sync. Kirk has missed Pryor twice on deep balls, just like he missed Djax a few times in the first month of last year and in 2015. Pryor also has to run better routes but I’m not sure how much that will improve at this point.

IMO Kirk has to start to trust Pryor & Doctson’s size more vs smaller DBs and give them chances. Kirk doesn’t have smaller WRs who are exceptional route runners anymore on the outside like DJax & Garçon, he has bigger WRs who can win contested balls and has to give them chances to do that.

Hopefully as the season goes on Kirk &’Pryor find their connection. 

I feel like will Win.... Allen was a lose but he wasn't dominate or amazing he just played his role right .

next year will be a different story for him tho and with our DL we should be alright .. what I'm worried about is our D doesn't get aggressive or adjusts . 

The 49ers are terrible and Dallas destroyed them in every way . Worry me because Dallas D sucks yet there D held the 49ers down ..

it's fine maybe it's a game plan thing since Hoyer got benched but if the D stays cool today will win....our O is head and shoulders better from week 1

20 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I feel like will Win.... Allen was a lose but he wasn't dominate or amazing he just played his role right .

next year will be a different story for him tho and with our DL we should be alright .. what I'm worried about is our D doesn't get aggressive or adjusts . 

The 49ers are terrible and Dallas destroyed them in every way . Worry me because Dallas D sucks yet there D held the 49ers down ..

it's fine maybe it's a game plan thing since Hoyer got benched but if the D stays cool today will win....our O is head and shoulders better from week 1

Disagree, Allen was great and gave us something none of our other DL can give us. He played the most snaps - in both base 3-4 and 4-3 nickel - he took on double teams and got the most attention of anyone along the DL. Stats don’t tell the story with him.

Archived