49ers select RB Trey Sermon With the 88th Pick in the 3rd round

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, Aussie9er said:

Did we really need to trade up to get him ?

I don't mind the pick of a rb just wish it was later in the draft. 

You will be happy with this guy. I really liked what I saw from him but never thought he would be someone Kyle was interested in. He didnt seem like the type of RB we target nor did I think we would take a RB this early. Honestly, this wasnt that early in the grand scheme of things. Might as well have been a 4th rounder since we traded down to get another and then used both 4ths to go get him. Shrewd move by Lynch and Peters. Its the second year in a row we did a minor trade down to immediately trade up. Thats an unbelievably great strategy. 

I dont think the alfred morris comp is accurate. Sermon is a much better athlete imo even if he didnt test all that well.

He has a ferocious style. Really attacks the hole once he sees it but is patient to let it develop. Seems to have a natural feel for space. Incredibly strong and powerful. This kid just balls out and always seems to make the most out of every snap. He is going to be a fantastic rotational RB for us immediately. This kid is an absolute baller and I think the fan base will gravitate towards him immediately. 

I am envisioning Trey and Trey running the read option in short yardage. Its a beautiful sight. 

This guy will only add to our BULLY BALL offense. Think about it, who on this team will anyone want to tackle? Kittle deebo aiyuk are a handful with the ball in their hands. JWJR doesnt mess around, he attacks it. Mostert makes people look like they have lead in their shoes. 

2 hours ago, N4L said:

dont think the alfred morris comp is accurate. Sermon is a much better athlete imo even if he didnt test all that well.

He has a ferocious style. Really attacks the hole once he sees it but is patient to let it develop. Seems to have a natural feel for space. Incredibly strong and powerful. This kid just balls out and always seems to make the most out of every snap. He is going to be a fantastic rotational RB for us immediately. This kid is an absolute baller and I think the fan base will gravitate towards him immediately. 

I think he is a juiced up version of Morris. So far here Shanahan has been going for more of the outside zone speedsters instead of inside-zone runners. Sermon is just that and he has some ability in the passing game which Morris didn't have outside of blocking.

I completely forgot he got hurt on the first drive of the national championship. I wonder how differently the game would have gone. He was incredible down the stretch. He literally went Derrick Henry on everyone

I am going to look up his touches, I think he has a lot of tread. Oklahoma rotates guys, OSU didn't lean on him until late in the year. That's great obviously

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I think he is a juiced up version of Morris. So far here Shanahan has been going for more of the outside zone speedsters instead of inside-zone runners. Sermon is just that and he has some ability in the passing game which Morris didn't have outside of blocking.

He should be able to grow into a great pass protector eventually. That would be great 

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

I completely forgot he got hurt on the first drive of the national championship. I wonder how differently the game would have gone. He was incredible down the stretch. He literally went Derrick Henry on everyone

I am going to look up his touches, I think he has a lot of tread. Oklahoma rotates guys, OSU didn't lean on him until late in the year. That's great obviously

He should be able to grow into a great pass protector eventually. That would be great 

I meant more that Morris wasn't really a receiver so all he had in the passing game was being a protector. Think Sermon can actually do some of the receiving. Didn't do it much in college but when he did was pretty good.

10 hours ago, GW21 said:

Watching Sermon I kind of see a bit of Lev Bell. Just one mans opinion. 

That's a damn impressive highlight reel. I'd forgotten how good he was at Oklahoma before he got hurt. Not going to hit a hole and go for 80 like Mostert, but his patience and the way he finds those holes in the zone blocking is awesome. That plus his power is a bit similar to LeBell. Will add a new dimension to our attack, especially with a QB who can run option plays,

9 hours ago, GW21 said:

I was just ‘spending’ my ‘free bets’ on BetMGM to try and recoup my bet on Justin Fields before they expired next month and I was extremely tempted to put one of the bets (they split them up in $120 intervals) on Sermon for OROTY at +4000 but I chickened out due to how Kyle likes to rotate his backs, but Alfred Morris’ success was what I had in mind when considering it.

+4000 sounds pretty good to me. Go big or go home.

8 hours ago, big9erfan said:

Interesting, find a hole - rocket right through it.

Wow. ELITE explosion here. If he can hit holes decisively with that type of explosion, he will rip up secondaries.

This is the kind of guy you don’t want to see in the 4th quarter as an opposing defense.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 12:15 AM, GW21 said:

Watching Sermon I kind of see a bit of Lev Bell. Just one mans opinion. 

I won't leave u out on that island by yourself...lol had the same thought watching all his highlights. Obviously as a Michigan fan living in Texas I've seen him his whole career. Big back with that patience seems to be playing slow sometimes but gets to where the hole is most times.