With the 91st pick, the Browns select Anthony Schwartz

zelbell

2 hours ago, TeHDruiD said:

I'm not sure you pour the resources into the defense the way they did without thinking the window is there

I wholeheartedly believe this is the push year. Not that this team won't continue to be loaded but this is a contending team, arguably top 5 roster and our guys got a taste of the playoffs

No, I definitely agree. They're going all in this year. And that doesn't mean we won't be good again in the future. But they clearly saw this year as our massive title push year. And it makes sense. This is our last year of Baker on his rookie deal before the 5th year option next year and a big extension after that. From here on in we will be using the draft to grab guys to develop into starters 2-3 years down the road. But this year we went ham in FA. 

It's clear (imo) that the FO is going balls to the wall to compete THIS year.

On 5/28/2021 at 12:11 PM, FGK said:

No, I definitely agree. They're going all in this year. And that doesn't mean we won't be good again in the future. But they clearly saw this year as our massive title push year. And it makes sense. This is our last year of Baker on his rookie deal before the 5th year option next year and a big extension after that. From here on in we will be using the draft to grab guys to develop into starters 2-3 years down the road. But this year we went ham in FA. 

It's clear (imo) that the FO is going balls to the wall to compete THIS year.

the way we saw the cap jump, the 5th yr deal might still seem like a decent bargain

this should be the year to kinda sell out for the title. dont  jeopardize the future but make a move if a decent player is there, something they refused to do last year  

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 9:11 AM, buno67 said:

the way we saw the cap jump, the 5th yr deal might still seem like a decent bargain

this should be the year to kinda sell out for the title. dont  jeopardize the future but make a move if a decent player is there, something they refused to do last year  

Refused? I'd say they erred on the side of caution due to the litany of circumstances that said 2020 was not the year to make such moves. 

Most of those circumstances have now changed. Numerous questions have been answered. The window is just now opening, and AB knows it.

We moved up to draft a linebacker, for crying out loud. All options are now on the table.

PS Julio is way better than decent.

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

Excellent quote if it is true do you think the geeks tell Obj and landry to restructure so that we can pay Julio and them

Hilton is about 5'8" and not as fast. He's trash. I don't think we restructure anyone this year, though. I think the front office wants to see what Landry and OBJ do this season, then go from there as far as next year. 

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

Just to show you guys what speed brings TY Hilton ran a 4.34 fourth

Has 9300 yards now do you see the upside to are wide receiver group

Now I see.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Hilton is about 5'8" and not as fast. He's trash. I don't think we restructure anyone this year, though. I think the front office wants to see what Landry and OBJ do this season, then go from there as far as next year. 

Now I see.

I do not know if we can get Julio for a second plus cASH WE WOULD HAVE TO SUPER BOWL FAVORITES

• Like 1