With the 91st pick, the Browns select Anthony Schwartz

zelbell

51 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

He holds the u-18 100m world record.

to me this right here shows you he just isnt fast and using it to just make money but is someone who loves the game and should keep getting better and better.

if you are that fast, only way you are passing up an olympic career is because you really love the game. he prolly made a lot of ppl angry that he didnt want to purpose track and field 

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

to me this right here shows you he just isnt fast and using it to just make money but is someone who loves the game and should keep getting better and better.

if you are that fast, only way you are passing up an olympic career is because you really love the game. he prolly made a lot of ppl angry that he didnt want to purpose track and field 

I mean, there’s also a lot more money in football.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, there’s also a lot more money in football.

that is true but he was setting world records at 18 for his age group. he potentially could have been the face of team USA mens track with that Speed with no Bolt to block you. all your doing is running with no risk of major injury. 

it be hard to pass up what could be a top track career at such a young age. its all im saying. in one hand you are going to be a top track star for USA or try and play in the NFL, a lot of ppl would take the sure track career

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What don’t you like?

Mostly just the timing of the pick.  Usually raw speedsters get drafted a little later. It won't matter if he turns out, obviously.

If this is my biggest issue with this draft, I think we'll be ok lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Mostly just the timing of the pick.  Usually raw speedsters get drafted a little later. It won't matter if he turns out, obviously.

If this is my biggest issue with this draft, I think we'll be ok lol.

I get that. I think this year is different with the overemphasis on speed around the league. I mean, Tutu Atwell went in the 2nd. And Jaelon Darden went mid 4th.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FGK said:

I get that. I think this year is different with the overemphasis on speed around the league. I mean, Tutu Atwell went in the 2nd. And Jaelon Darden went mid 4th.

Especially when there’s “speed”, ie the fastest guy on a team or in a conference, and speed, ie the fastest guy in college football.

He’s actually got the speed that a number of other teams think they’re getting but probably aren’t.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FGK said:

I know I'm nitpicking.  Atwell in the 2nd was awful imo.

I certainly trust our guys to hit this pick.  I just would've waited.

For every Tyreek Hill, there's a few John Ross or Tayvon Austin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

Fwiw, those guys were first round busts while Hill and Schwartz went later. Coincidence I think not.

Atwell was way overdrafted, I agree. I also would rather have Schwartz >>>>>>>> Darden.

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

For sure, and I think those are fair comps.

That said, Ross hasn’t failed because he can’t play, he’s failed because he can’t stay healthy.  Austin is still in the league after 8 seasons.

If we’re being honest, if he can stay healthy and produce like those two it’s not a bad pick at all.

Just now, candyman93 said:

Because football is weird, I wouldn’t be shocked if Schwartz, Hudson, and Felton ended up being our best rookies lol

Schwartz is gonna be a player. Our entire draft class...truly the best draft pick-for-pick in the league.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 1:31 PM, FGK said:

I noticed a trend in the last 2 drafts of speed at WR being extremely overvalued. I mean just look at Ruggs going over Lamb/Jeudy and Reagor going over Jefferson.

You saw another trend this year in the 2-4 rounds of a bunch of 4.3 type smaller WRs flying off the board.

Its a copycat league and it seems like everyone is trying their hardest to mimic the Chiefs with Hill/Hardman ect. The problem is a lot of those smaller fast WRs are nowhere close to Hill in terms of his hands and ball skills. The only other smaller guy that immediately pops to my mind that has the same ball skills as Hill was Steve Smith. He was 5'9" but Smith played like he was 6'2" when the ball was in the air.

Edited by AkronsWitness