With the 91st pick, the Browns select Anthony Schwartz

zelbell

I watched a Path to the Draft video on him.

Total Star Wars nerd, has them ranked. Anime fan also.  Big gamer.  Will fit in great on this team.

Also, he's been working with Randy Moss the last few weeks or so.

Edited by ditchdigger

Ultimately I hav e the least confidence in this pick than any of the others prior to the 5th round. 

Sometimes these one trick ponys flat out cant play. 

If he does work out it will be amazing, he will be able to stretch the field horizontally and vertically for out players. 

If he goes on an end around I imagine it will open up the middle for our tight ends and Jarvis a whole lot. 

If he goes vertical it will open up the seems and underneath or he will be open for the td. 

Schwartz and obj on either boundary will have a fs hanging deep, probably over to objs side too. Ideally our offense is both efficient and dropping booms the semi regular off play action 

Edited by Kiwibrown

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Ultimately I hav e the least confidence in this pick than any of the others prior to the 5th round. 

Sometimes these one trick ponys flat out cant play. 

If he does work out it will be amazing, he will be able to stretch the field horizontally and vertically for out players. 

he might be a one trick pony but if he used right, he could help unlock big play once a game for this offense. not by him making the play but scaring the defense. just remember Perriman was a one trick pony and Baker resurrected his career.

Maybe he cant play WR but just know how fast he is, will scare safeties and force them to respect him. if the browns could hit a big play with him early in the season or preseason, it will force teams to automatically respect the deep threat when he steps on the field. I dont think he plays a lot but he will have special plays drawn up for him. hopefully he really develops into a legit WRs down the road

it is great to hear that he has worked out with Randy Moss and yesterday morning he has already started to workout with Jarvis. 

35 minutes ago, buno67 said:

he might be a one trick pony but if he used right, he could help unlock big play once a game for this offense. not by him making the play but scaring the defense. just remember Perriman was a one trick pony and Baker resurrected his career.

Maybe he cant play WR but just know how fast he is, will scare safeties and force them to respect him. if the browns could hit a big play with him early in the season or preseason, it will force teams to automatically respect the deep threat when he steps on the field. I dont think he plays a lot but he will have special plays drawn up for him. hopefully he really develops into a legit WRs down the road

it is great to hear that he has worked out with Randy Moss and yesterday morning he has already started to workout with Jarvis. 

I am not going to say he is even fair but midway thru the 4th guarter how due you stop Chubb if you go safety over the top on Schwartz.

50 minutes ago, buno67 said:

If the other teams believe his speed in the sense he can male a play on the ball. What really helps him is bakers accuracy on the deep ball. His adjustment wont have to be great for him to get to it, the will just need to catch it. 

I really he hope he comes something like a DeSean jackson or will fuller. His measurables are very similar to fuller  fuller is what made the texans passing offense go more so than Nuk if you compare stats of when either was out. 

Obj, AS, and Njoku on one side means the defense needs to get deep fast.

Edited by Kiwibrown

I am actually fairly encouraged by Schwartz, cause if you watch his highlight films he doesn't look like your typical I'm just really fast kind of WR, He looked fairly consistent natural in catching the ball with his hands, and while he was not asked to run very many routes at Auburn ( didn't really need to) but he is showing willingness to put the work in on his routes.

54 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I am actually fairly encouraged by Schwartz, cause if you watch his highlight films he doesn't look like your typical I'm just really fast kind of WR, He looked fairly consistent natural in catching the ball with his hands, and while he was not asked to run very many routes at Auburn ( didn't really need to) but he is showing willingness to put the work in on his routes.

I feel the same way. I was expecting to see much worse hands and ball skills when I watched his highlights, not gonna lie. I'm very, very excited about this pick.

If he's a viable deep threat and added dimension to our offense NOW (over the next 2 years), this is a great pick. That said, this was the first pick I wasn't a huge fan of, as I don't ever really see him excelling in the slot or becoming a true #1 or #2, and have him as little more than a pure burner type (but hopefully he proves me wrong). I liked Wallace better as a future prospect in that regard, but considering he didn't go until the pick before our 4th Round pick, that's getting nitpicky. 

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

That is like going from pre school to PhD level training. Jarvis  will do wonders for him.

Being good at something doesn’t make you a good teacher.  It’s fun for fans to pretend this is somehow going to make him an incredible route runner or something, but that’s not really how it works.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Being good at something doesn’t make you a good teacher.  It’s fun for fans to pretend this is somehow going to make him an incredible route runner or something, but that’s not really how it works.

For sure, but NFL quality coaching is a real thing. He is no longer a college athlete, he's a professional football player. It's 100% is full time job to hone his skills and try to effectively make use of his absurd speed. Let's hope he can figure it out. I didn't even know he existed before we drafted him and all I've done is watch some highlights, so I'm not trying to pretend I know much about his game. But, what excites me is that he catches with his hands and he looks coordinated/athletic (not just straight line speed, but relatively smooth athlete overall). Supposedly he doesn't track the ball well in the air, which would hurt his ceiling badly lol. IMO you don't improve toooo much on something like that at this point in your life, but maybe/hopefully I'm wrong. But if he has even average hands and ball skills with that speed, he has a place in the NFL for a long time.