3.99 - Nahshon Wright CB, Oregon State

D82

Is Brandon Browner the only 6’4” CB to ever have a legit NFL career? He was the only one I could think of, and couldn’t find any others. Super random that he also went to Oregon State.

Off topic, but researching this I also learned Browner is serving 8 years in prison for attempted murder. Had no idea.

Problem I have with this pick, as I expressed in the draft thread, is it seems like we’ve given Quinn too much say in the war room for no apparent reason. A lot of these picks so far look like they’re meant to fill extremely specific roles in a 4-3 under/base Cover 3 scheme. If that’s the case, the onus is entirely on DQ to make it work.

22 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Problem I have with this pick, as I expressed in the draft thread, is it seems like we’ve given Quinn too much say in the war room for no apparent reason. A lot of these picks so far look like they’re meant to fill extremely specific roles in a 4-3 under/base Cover 3 scheme. If that’s the case, the onus is entirely on DQ to make it work.

Which I’m ok with. I would rather have the DC and his staff have more say in who “They” want for the Defense they want to install vs Scouts making that judgment. Our defense was historically bad last year. We all knew it needed a make over with an infusion of talent. We are getting that now.

I’ll give DQ and his staff the benefit of the doubt and give them a chance to pull the Defense together.

16 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I’ll take it one step further...  

I get the serious impression that as soon as Quinn was hired, Jerry told all scouts to go out and find the exact prototypes of legion of boom with Quinn being the headmaster.  Every pick so far I see Dallas trying to replicate Seattle’s with little regard for anything else.