49ers select DB Ambry Thomas With the 102nd Pick in the 3rd round

J-ALL-DAY

4 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

That's a real possibility. Another year of good tape and being a 90th percentile athlete definitely would've made him a top 50 prospect. Hopefully, we got a steal with him.  

Hopefully Adam Peters hits another gem. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

Sounds like Lynch was favoring Adebo, but Thomas' toughness along with his elite physical traits won out. I was a fan of both guys, but I had Adebo higher.

I mean Adebo was selected first so they didn't have a chance to draft him. I think if he's available along with Thomas, they likely go Adebo. 

49 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean Adebo was selected first so they didn't have a chance to draft him. I think if he's available along with Thomas, they likely go Adebo. 

I think Lynch even mentioned Adebo when talking about the Ambry Thomas selection; basically saying he was gone so this was their next best option. I think he also mentioned that he thought Detroit was going to take Thomas the pick before us. 

25 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I think Lynch even mentioned Adebo when talking about the Ambry Thomas selection; basically saying he was gone so this was their next best option. I think he also mentioned that he thought Detroit was going to take Thomas the pick before us. 

Yep, Adebo would have been the choice if available. So they went with the next best corner on their board since there was a big CB run going on.

I'm fine with it. I was high on Adebo as well but Thomas has some really nice qualities himself.