Day 3 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Roche and Terry just were way overhyped. They are later round guys with so-so tape. I think they'll both maybe get picked here in the next two rounds but I wouldn't be surprised either if both are UDFA guys. Forsythe I am a bit surprised because I liked him but he is extremely raw so I get it.

I disagree strongly. Roche is one of the most savvy and well-rounded edge rushers in this class. Terry has iffy hands, but you can't teach his ability to run away from people or contact balance.

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

Loved Ar’Darius Washington's tape. Guessing the size is scaring teams off. 

100%. He's a dog. I'd want him on my squad. If he can't make it work at safety (great fit in a split-safety scheme imo), he'll be a darn good slot CB. But yeah, a lot of teams will take him off their boards because of size.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I disagree strongly. Roche is one of the most savvy and well-rounded edge rushers in this class. Terry has iffy hands, but you can't teach his ability to run away from people or contact balance.

For Roche, his tape is so-so and he's not very athletic. He may be a smart player but that only gets you so far. I was very whelmed by his tape. Had him as a 4th-5th round guy myself but not surprised at all he's fallen this far.

I like Terry, also had him as a round 4-5 guy but with I think more upside than Roche. But he's very raw, bad hands, and is very limited as a route runner. He's really a one-trick pony and this is another deep WR class. Again, not surprised at all that he's fallen.

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

For Roche, his tape is so-so and he's not very athletic. He may be a smart player but that only gets you so far. I was very whelmed by his tape. Had him as a 4th-5th round guy myself but not surprised at all he's fallen this far.

I like Terry, also had him as a round 4-5 guy but with I think more upside than Roche. But he's very raw, bad hands, and is very limited as a route runner. He's really a one-trick pony and this is another deep WR class. Again, not surprised at all that he's fallen.

I disagree on Roche. He is a legit pass rusher. He's not a great athlete, but he has the right tools. He bursts off the LOS well (especially out of a two-point stance), he has the flexibility to bend and flatten around the corner, and he has the quickness to jump inside when an OT starts cheating. He has a very savvy approach to pass rushing and uses his hands well. He's not a very good run defender, but the potential is there if he plays with better leverage and more of a consistent motor. If I were a 3-4 team, I'd have been all over him in the past two rounds. He's at minimum a rotational guy who can pressure the QB.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I disagree on Roche. He is a legit pass rusher. He's not a great athlete, but he has the right tools. He bursts off the LOS well (especially out of a two-point stance), he has the flexibility to bend and flatten around the corner, and he has the quickness to jump inside when an OT starts cheating. He has a very savvy approach to pass rushing and uses his hands well. He's not a very good run defender, but the potential is there if he plays with better leverage and more of a consistent motor. If I were a 3-4 team, I'd have been all over him in the past two rounds. He's at minimum a rotational guy who can pressure the QB.

I agree with you that I would've taken him somewhere in the last two round but I disagree with your assessment. If you've got a player with good get-off, plus flexibility and bendability around the edge, the ability to attack inside, and he's a smart overall player, he goes day two minimum. Roche is just an incredibly average player in my mind both on tape and athletically. I agree with you that he's smart as a pass rusher but I just don't see teams pounding the table for a guy like him who is so limited athletically.

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

I agree with you that I would've taken him somewhere in the last two round but I disagree with your assessment. If you've got a player with good get-off, plus flexibility and bendability around the edge, the ability to attack inside, and he's a smart overall player, he goes day two minimum. Roche is just an incredibly average player in my mind both on tape and athletically. I agree with you that he's smart as a pass rusher but I just don't see teams pounding the table for a guy like him who is so limited athletically.

I'd have taken him in the latter part of Day 2. That's what I see. He reminds me of Shaq Barrett. The guy was less than a half step from another double-digit sack season for Miami this past year. He's a gifted pass rusher. Run defense was the issue I saw. (Obviously, his lack of scheme versatility is also an issue to some degree.)