2021 Draft Thread - Day 3 Throwdown

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Never claimed to. You brought it up. I guess we shouldn't talk football opinions at all then if that's how you feel. So why are you here? 

Ahhh and here we go. Being a little defensive coward after getting called out. Back it up or sit down. You just compared yourself to Bradley’s success. Own it. 

Tay Gowan, CB

Trey Smith, iOL

Daviyon Nixon, iDL

Marlon Tuipulotu, iDL

Quincy Roche, Edge

I still love Talanoa Hufanga but we don't need another S lol but whatever team drafts him will be incredibly happy. I'd really like one of the above players at 167. For some reason I feel like we might move back slightly. We always seem to move back at least once In the draft. 

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

So what? The NFL is all about projection. Do you want a plodder playing linebacker? Deablo is already LB size. That is the biggest adjustment. His biggest strengths are his instincts and physical gifts. He's a safety LB hybrid like Chinn and Dugger. Don't even call him a LB if you don't want to. But he can play in sub packages in the NFL.

I want us to learn from mistakes and stop drafting guys on day 2 to switch positions because history has shown we aren't good at trying to get cute like that. 

If you've paid attention, I liked the Deablo pick. 

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Gillespie is a reach? No way.

we traded up when he very easily could have been there at 162.  It is not as big of a reach as the 3rd round but still a reach that looks even worse when a falling talent at a position need is there.

I want us to learn from mistakes and stop drafting guys on day 2 to switch positions because history has shown we aren't good at trying to get cute like that. 

If you've paid attention, I liked the Deablo pick. 

We aren't good at it. But muse was way more of a projection than Deablo. Muse played some free safety at Clemson and was actually outside of the box a lot. Plus Deablo will be asked to cover tight ends which he did. Muse was asked to go from playing a lot of zone at clemson to playing LB, which he didn't do. He just ran a really fast 40. 

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

we traded up when he very easily could have been there at 162.  It is not as big of a reach as the 3rd round but still a reach that looks even worse when a falling talent at a position need is there.

We really don't know that. And if he's your guy, you go get him. If Gillespie is not at least a solid NFL safety, I need to reevaluate my own ability to watch these guys.

• Like 2

Just now, drfrey13 said:

Man I sound like a broken record but how the hell do we know that? how? I'm not saying its an absolute homerun pick but how can you confidently say this? Everyone thought Moehrig would be a 1st round pick because all of the media big boards had him going early but not a SINGLE nfl team had him going there because they all passed on him...some teams multiple times. I know it's tough but we just don't know what we think we know about how players are truly valued to NFL teams. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

How do you know he wasn't the Raiders BPA? This is what I don't understand. If you don't agree with the pick that's fine but saying it wasn't BPA is impossible without seeing their board. If he is your #1 player on your board and you take him despite already taking a S in round 2 that is the definition of not reaching and taking the most talented player ON YOUR BOARD. That's BPA in a nutshell. 

Good post. Way too much sense, wasted on these guys honestly. 

• Like 1

Just now, drfrey13 said:

I don't think he would've lasted that long. 

I'm not a fan of trading up for him either, but I don't think he lasts to 167

I don't think he would've lasted that long. 

I'm not a fan of trading up for him either, but I don't think he lasts to 167

Okay I mean saying you "think" and "he definitely would have lasted" are two different things. We'll never know for sure but we do know that the Raiders had him higher on the big board.