2021 Draft Thread - Day 3 Throwdown

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yea a big pet peeve of mine is "X would have been there!", or "X went 30 picks too early"! You will never be able to prove that and quite frankly no one has any damn clue. Even GM's don't know.

True story. And depends on how high he was on their board. If they had him rated 10-30 spots higher than trading up may have been worth it for them

I am not asking if he can be better but where do you rank him with our current S's.  Please include Heath because he is still on the team.  Nixon is our #2 NT and would be in on short yardage and goal line.  Automatic if he does not get hurt he would get playing time with the defense.

Just now, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Okay I mean saying you "think" and "he definitely would have lasted" are two different things. We'll never know for sure but we do know that the Raiders had him higher on the big board. 

Too bad I never said he definitely would have. 

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I am not asking if he can be better but where do you rank him with our current S's.  Please include Heath because he is still on the team.  Nixon is our #2 NT and would be in on short yardage and goal line.  Automatic if he does not get hurt he would get playing time with the defense.

Absolutely. I wanted Nixon more than Gillespie. I won't lie. But I have no idea why he fell.

Is Nixon a guy you want in on short yardage and goal line (NT type)? Thought he was more of a rogue penetrating type. 

NFL.com even has him comped to Ross Blacklock from last year so definitely not a NT type in comparison. 

Edited by CaliforniaKid7
  • Like 2

Just now, NickButera said:

True story. And depends on how high he was on their board. If they had him rated 10-30 spots higher than trading up may have been worth it for them

Nobody is saying they did not have him high on their board.  What we are angry about is that player x should not be that high on their board.  We can never know what other teams have but it appears that we consistently reach and other teams have anomalously spoken about it.  You have to take what other teams say with a grain of salt but this team has not produced enough to be given the benefit of the doubt.