The good and the bad from day two

RaidersAreOne

Just now, TJM217 said:

This! I hate Tutu this early. I have him as a 5th rounder at the earliest. 

It infuriates me that they could have traded up a few spots and landed a vastly superior player in D'Wayne Eskridge, but instead, they settled for a guy who weighs less than my punching bag.

I'm really really intrigued by the minor philosophical evolution of shannys offense in this draft. I liked Aaron Banks, but didn't  think he'd be on our radar. Lukewarm on sermon, but another guy I didn't project to be on our radar

Not good or bad, just interesting

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm really really intrigued by the minor philosophical evolution of shannys offense in this draft. I liked Aaron Banks, but didn't  think he'd be on our radar. Lukewarm on sermon, but another guy I didn't project to be on our radar

Not good or bad, just interesting

I really like Sermon tbh

Colts were unfortunate to have a string of OT they were hoping would fall to them get taken off the board. It's looking more likely they'll sign a Vet. Alejandro Villanueva, Eric Fischer , Russell Okung etc. I don't want them to move Nelson to LT, don't mess with something that's working very well.

Edited by Blackstar12

Chicago as a whole is pretty damn happy with our picks so far..... It's been costly since our only 2 picks where both on trade ups, but with our 2nd and 3rd rounder this year (getting a 5th back) we jumped way up again and got the Offensive Tackle at 39, that most of the fans where expecting us to outright draft at 20 (Teven Jenkins)

It's been an expensive draft..... but being able to grab talent we did, makes it a good draft for us so far... and a somewhat rare scenario where we where we're getting the best player available, AND at our two largest positions of need, AND much later draft position wise where they arguably should have been valued at (even if we had to then trade up to actually acquire them)

Edited by Epyon

After the mind-numbing decision to pass on Fields AND to not take the trade back offer Chicago offered to NYG for 1.11 - GM Paton bounced back in a really nice way.   It was iffy to move up for Javonte Williams (when MIA was probably the only team who might have picked, and it's pretty clear they devalue RB pick-wise) - but trading back from 71, then 78, to 98 & 105 paid off in a huge way, by still getting Quinn Meinerz, and then Baron Browning.   Might have been tempted to go Jabril Cox, but I can't quibble on the value.

Javonte Williams now becomes the 2022 starting 3-down RB and he fills in immediately for MG3's likely suspension (getting charges dropped on a technicality likely doesn't save him).   Meinerz immediately ensures we can sit C Cushenberry if he's not ready, and by 2022 we can part ways with Glasgow.   Plus we may be able to move Dalton Risner to RT worst-case - and thus upgrade 2 spots.     For the cost savings, I'm thrilled.  

We still need to solve the QB issue - Lock/Bridgewater aren't the solution.  I would have loved for GM Paton to have accumulated 2022 1st round / 4th round picks from Chicago, if he wasn't going Fields - that would have put us in the driver's seat.   Still, we're in good position, and our O is really looking tempting for QB's to target, with Williams joining Sutton / Jeudy / Fant, and an OL that keeps improving by leaps and bounds.     Get the QB, and man, our road to contention opens up right away.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

We still need to solve the QB issue - Lock/Bridgewater aren't the solution.  I would have loved for GM Paton to have accumulated 2022 1st round / 4th round picks from Chicago, if he wasn't going Fields - that would have put us in the driver's seat.   Still, we're in good position, and our O is really looking tempting for QB's to target, with Williams joining Sutton / Jeudy / Fant, and an OL that keeps improving by leaps and bounds.     Get the QB, and man, our road to contention opens up right away.

Unless they're punting a year due to an ownership sale/change, Broncos need to be in on an Aaron Rodgers or Deshaun Watson (if cleared) trade ASAP. 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

shoutout to the Cowboys for taking Nahshon Wright, a dude that I got in FFMD in the 4th round of UDFA, in the 3rd.

goes to show that none of us have any idea how teams value guys, I guess.

Honestly once you get into the mid-third/early 4th (depending on the draft), grades virtually don't matter and it might as well be literal dart throws.