The good and the bad from day two

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Unless they're punting a year due to an ownership sale/change, Broncos need to be in on an Aaron Rodgers or Deshaun Watson (if cleared) trade ASAP. 

I’m right there with you.  More importantly I hope GM Paton is right there with you.  

3 hours ago, JiffyJag said:

shoutout to the Cowboys for taking Nahshon Wright, a dude that I got in FFMD in the 4th round of UDFA, in the 3rd.

goes to show that none of us have any idea how teams value guys, I guess.

Major reach. You could have waited until the sixth.

• Like 1

Biggest Steals (Based on Rank versus Picked)

47. Ronnie Perkins - 96 (+49) - Patriots
43. Wyatt Davis - 86 (+43) - Vikings
60. Quinn Meinerz - 98 (+38) - Broncos
25. Creed Humphrey - 63 (+38) - Chiefs
26. Terrace Marshall Jr - 59 (+33) - Panthers
19. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - 52 (+33) - Browns
50. Dyami Brown - 82 (+32) - WFT
69. Elijah Molden  - 100 (+31) - Titans
14. Teven Jenkins  - 39 (+25) - Bears
63. Kendrick Green  - 87 (+24) - Steelers
82. Baron Browning  - 105 (+23) - Broncos
67. Amari Rodgers  - 85 (+18) - Packers
57. Milton Williams  - 73 (+16) - Eagles
34. Azeez Ojulari  - 50 (+16) - Giants
28. Trevon Moehrig  - 43 (+15) - Raiders
20. Elijah Moore  - 34 (+14) - Jets
24. Landon Dickerson*  - 37 (+13) - Eagles
49. Carlos Basham Jr  -61 (+12) - Bills
36. Asante Samuel Jr   -47 (+11) - Chargers
30. Richie Grant  -40 (+10) - Falcons

Biggest Reaches (Based on Rank versus Picked) - To be fair I actually like some of these fits

Not in Top 150. Tutu Atwell – Rams
Not in Top 150. Chauncey Golston – Cowboys
Not in Top 150. Tre McKitty – Chargers
Not in Top 150. Nashon Wright – Cowboys
Not in Top 150. Brandon Stevens – Ravens
147. Anthony Schwartz - 91 (-56) - Browns
133. Chazz Surratt - 78 (-55) - Vikings
116. Kyle Trask - 64 (-52) - Buccaneers
125. Divine Deablo - 80 (-45) - Raiders
92. Aaron Banks - 48 (-44) - 49ers
107. Jalen Mayfield - 68 (-39) - Falcons
105. Davis Mills - 67 (-38) - Texans
97. Peter Werner - 60 (-37) - Saints
102. Kellen Mond - 66 (-36) - Vikings
128. Spencer Brown - 93 (-35) - Bills
79. Walker Little - 45 (-34) - Jaguars
76. Kelvin Joseph - 44 (-32) - Cowboys
108. Paulson Adebo - 76 (-32) - Saints

Edited by goldfishwars
  • Like 2

The Vikes pick of Mond will get the attention.  But getting Darrisaw and Wyatt Davis is a massive upgrade to their OL.    

If Danielle Hunter comes back healthy and the young DB’s take a step forward with experience - that’s the out of nowhere division winner few are forecasting.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

I like what the Rams did. I'll trust McVay on Atwell - the weapons around Stafford are now staggering.

The more I read about Ernest Jones the more I like the pick. Lost our defensive signal called last year and I think Jones might be able to take up that mantle.

Seems like we reached for both players, but have to see how it will play out.

34 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I like what the Rams did. I'll trust McVay on Atwell - the weapons around Stafford are now staggering.

The more I read about Ernest Jones the more I like the pick. Lost our defensive signal called last year and I think Jones might be able to take up that mantle.

Seems like we reached for both players, but have to see how it will play out.

I liked what the Rams did. Rams fans will never be satisfied because last season the offense was consistent at being inconsistent. They didn’t score an offensive td Week 17 and won a defensive struggle in Wildcard Weekend. McVay goes out gets upgrade at QB in Stafford whom even ARod raved about his arm talent. Then the Rams go out and get DJax who we know is one of the best deep ball guys in the league. Now the Rams drafted Tutu who outside the Heisman winner an top 10 pick Smith it was Tutu who led all other receivers in yards after catch. Smith isn’t big and he went into the top 10 and some had him as the best receiver in the draft. We know Waddle, Rondale Moore, and even the great Tyreek Hill isn’t the biggest but Waddle was a top 6 pick, Moore went before Tutu, and Hill is one of best receivers in the NFL. The Rams are getting explosive again and I love it. Rams fans that complain about having a ton of receivers are the same that complain when the Rams drafted three safeties in last year draft in Burgess, Scott, and Fuller to add to Rapp and Johnson III which they already had at the time. How did they work out? Best secondary in the league and best defense in the league. Fuller was the pick people complained about and he was the best rookie from the jump. Also too with Tutu Rams fans complain about DJax not stay healthy. Well if the Rams have their DJax 2.0 then the Rams are prepared if/when DJax misses some time. So there is nothing to complain about.

As for Jones, I don’t know anything about him but I hear glowing things about him. Heard he did a great job against Kyle Pitts so that along gives me confidence he can hold up against the likes of Kittle whom he will have to face in the NFC West. 

Finally, yes there are always every year prospects everyone would love to see their team draft. I get it. Years ago I wanted the Rams to draft Juju and they traded down took Everett but in the 3rd round took Kupp. Kupp is better than Juju. So on draft day just because you might think highly of a prospect and want the team to draft him. If they pass and take someone else it doesn’t mean that team failed. We just have to see how it’s going to play out. Again I like what the Rams did. 

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

The Vikes pick of Mond will get the attention.  But getting Darrisaw and Wyatt Davis is a massive upgrade to their OL.    

If Danielle Hunter comes back healthy and the young DB’s take a step forward with experience - that’s the out of nowhere division winner few are forecasting.  

I totally agree.  I've been saying all off season that the Vikings are going to win 12 games in 2021, and this draft is definitely going to help accomplish that.  They just knocked it out of the park with Darrisaw and Davis.  Mond is a prospect for the future that they basically got for free by moving down and then still getting Darrisaw.  Spielman is having an awesome draft. 

People have been harping on Dallas & Vegas’ drafts(& tbh I don’t even think Vegas’ hasn’t been that bad), but I think the Saints are lowkey right there with them. I don’t like none of their picks so far.

32 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I know it's my team, but I think the Steelers had a pretty good 2nd day. It also made me like the Najee pick a little more too. They seem to want to infuse toughness on the offense. 

I dunno - Harris is a good RB.  But OL is the crying need and waiting until Rd 3 to get C seems like a missed opportunity to upgrade like how Minny did.  Freirmuth seemed like a luxury pick.   I’m not as high on the TE class this year though. 

I say the above coming from the team that failed badly to address its biggest need with talent there in Rd1 (or trading back with Chicago and getting 2022 premium picks so they can address QB by trade).    So not trying to throw stones in glass houses.  Just seems like Pit did the same as Denver except with OL instead of QB.  We’ll see.