The good and the bad from day two

RaidersAreOne

I like the Tennessee draft - Farley has risk but no way he falls without the neck issue.   If we had taken the Chi offer it’s either him or JOK that Den would have targeted.   And Radunz / Molden are great value plays.  

They could still use a WR but I think that’s one need they can fill so many different ways next offseason.  Addressing that secondary was priority 1.    Matching BPA to need Rd 1 & 3 is such a strong result. Solidifying the trenches cheaply a huge gain any time IMO. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I think LAR and DAL have had some reaches, and CLE, PHI, MIN and NYG are doing really well. To be fair, overall, it's been a very competent draft across the board. Nothing crazy bad or anything

There are definitely some picks here and there but the league in general has gotten a lot smarter about the draft over the past 5 seasons or so. I will say that with a record low amount of picks, I didn't like the pick Seattle made with their one choice.

9 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I really like Sermon tbh

You're preaching to the choir.

8 hours ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Honestly once you get into the mid-third/early 4th (depending on the draft), grades virtually don't matter and it might as well be literal dart throws.

It's more a matter of non-public information taking over at that point. 

11 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

There are definitely some picks here and there but the league in general has gotten a lot smarter about the draft over the past 5 seasons or so. I will say that with a record low amount of picks, I didn't like the pick Seattle made with their one choice.

We're only about 100 picks into the draft far. Today is when things start to go crazy. That said, I agree that the poorer teams have caught up on draft information in the last decade. There will always be a human element, but it's wise to minimize it as much as possible. Besides, there are still going to be successful transitions, like Antonio Gates, and college backups, like Tom Brady, slipping through the cracks. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I dunno - Harris is a good RB.  But OL is the crying need and waiting until Rd 3 to get C seems like a missed opportunity to upgrade like how Minny did.  Freirmuth seemed like a luxury pick.   I’m not as high on the TE class this year though. 

I say the above coming from the team that failed badly to address its biggest need with talent there in Rd1 (or trading back with Chicago and getting 2022 premium picks so they can address QB by trade).    So not trying to throw stones in glass houses.  Just seems like Pit did the same as Denver except with OL instead of QB.  We’ll see.  

I really like Green. I think he's an improvement over the last couple years of Pouncey, honestly. I think to an outsider's perspective the Steelers draft may not look good, but I think we've done well. A lot of our offensive issues were scheme related. We will also improve the LG position with Kevin Dotson starting full time over Feiler. Villanueva was pretty bad last year, so I expect our replacement, Chuks Okorafor, to be at least a sideways move. RT will improve with the return of Zach Banner. I think we're setting up a good foundation for a post Ben world by adding a lot of physicality and toughness. 

IMHO, teams with A+ drafts in the first three rounds:  Chicago, New England, Arizona, NYGs, Minnesota, Cleveland, and Baltimore.  Solid A's to Philadelphia, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Houston. 

Seattle and K.C. took only one swing but knocked it out of the park.

I know some Rams fans are all sunshine and happiness over the Atwell pick but a 160 lb WR makes me nervous and that we used our 1st pick on our 5th WR makes it even worse. 

Our next pick seems like a decent enough player but his almost universal player comp, yes I know take those with a grain of salt, is Micah Kiser. A fifth round pick by us that never panned out and the best review of him says he could be a great special teams player and work his way to being a backup ILB. 

Not exactly what most of us wanted from our first 2 picks. Then we traded down with a division rival so they could upgrade their RB room after taking an ILB who we're not sure if he'll start and be an upgrade to the run defense. Very disappointing start. We need a center or guard if they think about moving Corbett in. And we lost our CB2 who took almost all our snaps on defense last year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I dunno - Harris is a good RB.  But OL is the crying need and waiting until Rd 3 to get C seems like a missed opportunity to upgrade like how Minny did.  Freirmuth seemed like a luxury pick.   I’m not as high on the TE class this year though. 

TE seems like a lux pick but Ebron is in the last year, and isn't a blocker.  Ebron will likely be gone after this year and Radar and Gentry are JAG's.  It was a need, just not an obvious need.  Colbert and Co felt OL was very deep this year and Green was in that 4th C area, and to get him in the 3rd is a good deal.  He fits the Steeler mode of center in athletic, moves well, and getting to the 2nd level.  Keep in mind Banner played 1/4th a game last year, Dodson only played 375 snaps, Finney filled in well in the past for us (we hoped to resign him last year), and Chuks Okorafor played well at RT and is moving to LT.  So DDC is the only returning full time starter to the same position.

4 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

You compared him to Sherman. That’s absolutely part of Sherman’s game.

I was reffing the athletic similarities which are far more important than any ability to muscle up against blockers.  Nahshon Wright is an efficient wrap tackler according to Ourlads.

15 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Biggest Steals (Based on Rank versus Picked)

47. Ronnie Perkins - 96 (+49) - Patriots
43. Wyatt Davis - 86 (+43) - Vikings
60. Quinn Meinerz - 98 (+38) - Broncos
25. Creed Humphrey - 63 (+38) - Chiefs
26. Terrace Marshall Jr - 59 (+33) - Panthers
19. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - 52 (+33) - Browns
50. Dyami Brown - 82 (+32) - WFT
69. Elijah Molden  - 100 (+31) - Titans
14. Teven Jenkins  - 39 (+25) - Bears
63. Kendrick Green  - 87 (+24) - Steelers
82. Baron Browning  - 105 (+23) - Broncos
67. Amari Rodgers  - 85 (+18) - Packers
57. Milton Williams  - 73 (+16) - Eagles
34. Azeez Ojulari  - 50 (+16) - Giants
28. Trevon Moehrig  - 43 (+15) - Raiders
20. Elijah Moore  - 34 (+14) - Jets
24. Landon Dickerson*  - 37 (+13) - Eagles
49. Carlos Basham Jr  -61 (+12) - Bills
36. Asante Samuel Jr   -47 (+11) - Chargers
30. Richie Grant  -40 (+10) - Falcons

Biggest Reaches (Based on Rank versus Picked) - To be fair I actually like some of these fits

Not in Top 150. Tutu Atwell – Rams
Not in Top 150. Chauncey Golston – Cowboys
Not in Top 150. Tre McKitty – Chargers
Not in Top 150. Nashon Wright – Cowboys
Not in Top 150. Brandon Stevens – Ravens
147. Anthony Schwartz - 91 (-56) - Browns
133. Chazz Surratt - 78 (-55) - Vikings
116. Kyle Trask - 64 (-52) - Buccaneers
125. Divine Deablo - 80 (-45) - Raiders
92. Aaron Banks - 48 (-44) - 49ers
107. Jalen Mayfield - 68 (-39) - Falcons
105. Davis Mills - 67 (-38) - Texans
97. Peter Werner - 60 (-37) - Saints
102. Kellen Mond - 66 (-36) - Vikings
128. Spencer Brown - 93 (-35) - Bills
79. Walker Little - 45 (-34) - Jaguars
76. Kelvin Joseph - 44 (-32) - Cowboys
108. Paulson Adebo - 76 (-32) - Saints

Look forward to the Saints being 32nd on your rankings.

Edited by Breesus mode

On 5/1/2021 at 7:12 AM, goldfishwars said:

47. Ronnie Perkins - 96 (+49) - Patriots

Absolute perfect fit for Perkins too, I think he's going to be a star in that defense.

43. Wyatt Davis - 86 (+43) - Vikings

I think his end of season injuries might have been a little more severe than we thought.

26. Terrace Marshall Jr - 59 (+33) - Panthers

Same with Marshall, but if he's healthy, he could have a Justin Jefferson like rookie year.

14. Teven Jenkins  - 39 (+25) - Bears

The guy I was railing for the Bengals to take, but it sounds like there are concerns about his hip that pushed him down several teams boards.

57. Milton Williams  - 73 (+16) - Eagles

I can't remember the last time the Bengals had that much smoke around a player and he was available in the area they projected him in and they didn't take him.  I get going for Ossai as more of a pure pass rusher, I was just surprised.

92. Aaron Banks - 48 (-44) - 49ers

I had heard in the days leading up to the draft that teams were way higher on Banks than the media.

79. Walker Little - 45 (-34) - Jaguars

That does seem high for a guy who hasn't really played meaningful football since 2018.

147. Anthony Schwartz - 91 (-56) - Browns

I'm very high on Schwartz, he may be Baker's primary deep threat this year.