Alim McNeill DT selected 72nd overall

I love this pick.  He was the top graded interior run defender by PFF last year. He also had 5.5 sacks showing he has the ability to rush the passer.  Yes there were other players I would have liked, but I am not mad at all about this pick.  

• Like 1

Did some more research last night and found most national pundits had some high grades on this kid. Also stumbled across the PFF grades as well. This appears to have been a fine pick based on that research. Our Dline should be nice. If we can get some health out of Julian, our Lber room also has a chance to be decent.

I really like the player.  He was a top 75 player on my board.  Can play NT and is explosive.  I think he's going to fit our scheme really well.  He'll be the starting NT by mid season.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Millenhater said:

I really like the player.  He was a top 75 player on my board.  Can play NT and is explosive.  I think he's going to fit our scheme really well.  He'll be the starting NT by mid season.

He provides total flexibility for defensive looks. 

8 hours ago, BarryTheBest said:

Did some more research last night and found most national pundits had some high grades on this kid. Also stumbled across the PFF grades as well. This appears to have been a fine pick based on that research. Our Dline should be nice. If we can get some health out of Julian, our Lber room also has a chance to be decent.

Definitely.

Not that it matters, but Chris Simms had Levi as his #1 DT and Alim as his #4.

8 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I taught Alim in HS. The Lions are now my second favorite team. Rooting so hard for this kid 

I thought about your FFMD post immediately after we drafted him. With Levi, Brockers, Flowers and Okwara, he should have a great group of players around him.

Happy to have you on board.

11 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I taught Alim in HS. The Lions are now my second favorite team. Rooting so hard for this kid 

Welcome brother!!! Welcome!! Can't wait to see what Alim can do!! 

5 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Definitely.

Not that it matters, but Chris Simms had Levi as his #1 DT and Alim as his #4.

I think it does matter. It just goes to show that everyone has an opinion and some are positive, some are more negative. Fact is, we need to see these kids get down. Then we can make full assessments of each selection. 

• Like 2