Day 3 discussion 2021 NFL Draft

Time for a quick poll.  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do we make all 6 picks today?

• Yes
    • No, we trade up at least once
    • No, we trade out of 2021 at least once, banking picks for next year.
    • No, we trade up AND trade out

It is day 3 of the 2021 NFL draft.  We've got 6 picks today, including 3 of the first 27. 

Proud papa, Andrew Berry has righted our ship, after bounced around untethered and listlessly for basically 19 years.

This is the time where he can solidify his place in Cleveland Browns lore.

Sport GIF by Cleveland Browns

Let's carpe diem the hell out of today.

Dead Poets Society Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 2

I hope we can get an extra pick next year. The year after we should have a couple of extra 3s.

I am hoping for an interior oline, harris isnt quality, an extra defensive back, and maybe a running back if something presents. 

Wouldnt be against a kicker or a punter.

• Like 1

Oh, and re: the poll, I think anything is on the table, up, down, out, whatever.

People keep saying “we don’t have room for 9 rookies”, which I think is absolutely false.  We definitely don’t have room for 9 average dudes, but there’s definitely room for 9 of the right players.  I think we need to be proactive about getting those guys and if they’re not available, proactive in acquiring more assets for ‘22.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh, and re: the poll, I think anything is on the table, up, down, out, whatever.

People keep saying “we don’t have room for 9 rookies”, which I think is absolutely false.  We definitely don’t have room for 9 average dudes, but there’s definitely room for 9 of the right players.  I think we need to be proactive about getting those guys and if they’re not available, proactive in acquiring more assets for ‘22.

Great point.  There is some talent on the board that can displace some of the players at the bottom of our roster.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Guys I like for Day 3.

Alaric Jackson (as a G)

Jay Tufele 

Davison Nixon

Tommy Togiai

Jabril Cox

Elerson Smith 

Shaun Wade (as a S/slot)

Do you think the braintrust would be looking at another LB?  I guess if they determined Cox to be BPA, but with the likelihood of not playing more than 2 at a time for the bulk of our time, Cox might be a luxury.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Do you think the braintrust would be looking at another LB?  I guess if they determined Cox to be BPA, but with the likelihood of not playing more than 2 at a time for the bulk of our time, Cox might be a luxury.

I guess we’ll see, but at least imo I’m not sure why not.

Obviously guys like JOK, Takitaki and Phillips are here for the foreseeable future, but who else?

Walker is here on a one year deal as is Smith, but their jobs look secure for ‘21.

Obinna and Lee are special teamers and Mack was hot garbage last season.  All 3 of those dudes should be fighting for a roster spot imo, not be penned in.  

• Like 1

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

Safety is the last thing we need right now but jamar Johnson is the BPA imo and with Ronnie Harrison signing with drew rosenhaus were probably gonna need to look for his replacement. 

Yeah, Harrison is on the last year of his deal and Redwine has done nothing.  Safety is definitely in play imo.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Guys I like for Day 3.

Alaric Jackson (as a G)

Jay Tufele 

Davison Nixon

Tommy Togiai

Jabril Cox

Elerson Smith 

Shaun Wade (as a S/slot)

Chuba Hubbard 

I’d be happy with jabril Cox. I hate our Lbs with the passion of a thousand suns. So whatever we have to do to shake that room up I’m all for. 

so I didn’t watch a ton of Ohio state games. What happened with Wade? Was he exposed? Because I remember last year he was projected to be a first rounder even if he chose to sit out this year. Is there still a lot of raw talent to work with or is he just an inside corner at best?