Day 3 discussion 2021 NFL Draft

Time for a quick poll.  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do we make all 6 picks today?

• Yes
    • No, we trade up at least once
    • No, we trade out of 2021 at least once, banking picks for next year.
    • No, we trade up AND trade out

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m surprised rumph is still there. I’m not really sure where he fits on this defense he’s a traditional 3-4 OLB but I feel like in this 4-2 he can come off the edge as a Lb with all the safeties we have in the middle of the field. 

I think the FO is higher on Weaver than we are.  CBD was talking about how he has really transformed his body since last year, which was his big knock.

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’d be happy with jabril Cox. I hate our Lbs with the passion of a thousand suns. So whatever we have to do to shake that room up I’m all for. 

Same, they were so bad.

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

so I didn’t watch a ton of Ohio state games. What happened with Wade? Was he exposed? Because I remember last year he was projected to be a first rounder even if he chose to sit out this year. Is there still a lot of raw talent to work with or is he just an inside corner at best?

He’s an inside corner and FS, not an outside guy.

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’d be happy with jabril Cox. I hate our Lbs with the passion of a thousand suns. So whatever we have to do to shake that room up I’m all for. 

so I didn’t watch a ton of Ohio state games. What happened with Wade? Was he exposed? Because I remember last year he was projected to be a first rounder even if he chose to sit out this year. Is there still a lot of raw talent to work with or is he just an inside corner at best?

before last season he was a safety/slot guy, basically what Minkah was. last season he moved to purely an outside corner and he wasnt good out there. it was also the first time in his career ever playing as an outside corner and it was obvious. he has bad technique and bad instincts for an outside guy. feel like he has a better season, if he had a spring practice to actually work on it

Just now, buno67 said:

before last season he was a safety/slot guy, basically what Minkah was. last season he moved to purely an outside corner and he wasnt good out there. it was also the first time in his career ever playing as an outside corner and it was obvious. he has bad technique and bad instincts for an outside guy. feel like he has a better season, if he had a spring practice to actually work on it

Yeah that’s what I was curious about. These guys didn’t have a lot of time or proper coaching before last season. He could be a diamond in the rough. 5* recruit, good size seemed fast on film. Plus we wouldn’t even need him to be a factor for at least a year. I would use one of our 3 4ths on him. Coach him up all year let him go against our WRs in practice and see if he can be a legit corner a year from now. 

There’s a bunch of rotational DTs available. I’d like any of them, but mostly Daviyon Nixon.

Think we could safety and offensive tackle here too. Some guys I like:

D’ante Smith, OT

Alaric Jackson, OT

Jaylon Moore, OT

Richard Lecounte, S

Jamar Johnson, S

Talanoa Hufanga, S

Jacoby Stevens, S

Caden Sterns, S

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Do you think the braintrust would be looking at another LB?  I guess if they determined Cox to be BPA, but with the likelihood of not playing more than 2 at a time for the bulk of our time, Cox might be a luxury.

Apparently Cox is sliding because he is horrible against the run. According to a LSU fan. Not sure if the Browns could afford that.

Edited by AkronsWitness

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Apparently Cox is sliding because he is horrible against the run. According to a LSU fan. Not sure if the Browns could afford that.

Yeah wouldn’t want to have a guy who’s good against the pass but awful against the run replace a guy who’s awful at both.

• Like 1