Day 3 discussion 2021 NFL Draft

Time for a quick poll.  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do we make all 6 picks today?

• Yes
    • No, we trade up at least once
    • No, we trade out of 2021 at least once, banking picks for next year.
    • No, we trade up AND trade out

25 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Newengland

I actually think Mac Jones their new QB is gonna be very good and that they will prefer to just stick with him. If they hadn't drafted Jones in the first round, I could see New England making the move.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

I actually think Mac Jones their new QB is gonna be very good and that they will prefer to just stick with him. If they hadn't drafted Jones in the first round, I could see New England making the move.

Just joking 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I'll go on record saying there is 100% chance he makes the squad. I've been mocking him to us with our fourth and I think he may have even gone in the third in FFMD. I'm a big fan. He has a great build for balance.

You are correct, he went toward the top of the 3rd in FFMD (72nd overall).

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I'll go on record saying there is 100% chance he makes the squad. I've been mocking him to us with our fourth and I think he may have even gone in the third in FFMD. I'm a big fan. He has a great build for balance.

completely agree. I think he could easily be our 3rd back. Could see him being a Kareem Hunt type back, IDK if he will be as violent of a runner like Hunt is or be as good of a blocker but the versatility is there. Stef has to be excited because DF and AS are some weapons.  

45 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ve said since the end of the season we should look to upgrade our 3rd back (with ability to find quality players day 3, there’s really no reason to not have 3 good ones imo).

This kid looks just about perfect for what we need tbh.

You make a great point

Johnson is a great practice squad guy imo- if chubb or hunt go down bring him to be the 2nd rb on the depth chart. He has great vision with low physical upside, doesnt really power thought ackles like hunt or chubb. To me he is a bad version of chubb, great vision, decent cutting cant break a tackle or speed away from guys. His vision is better than hunts. Hunt seems to miss the cut a lot, rewatching him is frustrating because he misses the cut. I'd prefer if hunt ran more pre determined power runs.

Johnson on the practice squad has added value he can also come and return kicks with great vision. His problem as kick returner is that he isn't going to take it to the house, he is too slow, but he can read the line  

Edited by Kiwibrown

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

completely agree. I think he could easily be our 3rd back. Could see him being a Kareem Hunt type back, IDK if he will be as violent of a runner like Hunt is or be as good of a blocker but the versatility is there. Stef has to be excited because DF and AS are some weapons.  

I know it's stating the obvious, but it's clear that Berry/Stefanski prioritize versatile players. That seemed to be the 1 common denominator in nearly all of the selections and FA targets.

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I know it's stating the obvious, but it's clear that Berry/Stefanski prioritize versatile players. That seemed to be the 1 common denominator in nearly all of the selections and FA targets.

Yeah it’s something that like every FO and coach says, but I don’t feel like many actually follow through with.