Day 3 discussion 2021 NFL Draft

Time for a quick poll.  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do we make all 6 picks today?

• Yes
    • No, we trade up at least once
    • No, we trade out of 2021 at least once, banking picks for next year.
    • No, we trade up AND trade out

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Apparently Cox is sliding because he is horrible against the run. According to a LSU fan. Not sure if the Browns could afford that.

yeah the dude isnt great at run support but he is a ball hawking LB. when I turned on his highlights,  its very noticeable. I think he finished his career in college with 15sacks 9INTs 23PDs. if he would started his career at a P5 schools, he would be a lot higher. only played one yr at LSU and 3yrs at NDSU, where he was a stud the moment he stepped on the field. he was voted 6th best freshman in the nation and the next two years he was all american and was in the runnings for DPOY for his division

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

so I didn’t watch a ton of Ohio state games. What happened with Wade? Was he exposed? Because I remember last year he was projected to be a first rounder even if he chose to sit out this year. Is there still a lot of raw talent to work with or is he just an inside corner at best?

Pretty much. Got exposed on the outside and had turf toe. He'll probably be drafted as a slot corner so not early. Ran a good time for not being fully healed.

36 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah wouldn’t want to have a guy who’s good against the pass but awful against the run replace a guy who’s awful at both.

Yeah if he can’t defend the run just rotate him in during passing downs. It’s the 4th round you’re not drafting the cream of the crop here. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah wouldn’t want to have a guy who’s good against the pass but awful against the run replace a guy who’s awful at both.

When you have to beat the Ravens to win the divison, I don't want a single front 7 player who is bad against the run.

That being said, I would still take him because screw it it's the 4th round

Edited by AkronsWitness

21 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

When you have to beat the Ravens to win the divison

It’s going to be Cincinnati in 2 years. They’re a pass heavy team and will be better than Baltimore.

Other than Baltimore, who runs heavy? Not Kansas City or Buffalo.

So congrats, you spent a lot of assets to beat 1 specific team and can’t beat anybody else.

Edited by candyman93

39 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s going to be Cincinnati in 2 years. They’re a pass heavy team and will be better than Baltimore.

Other than Baltimore, who runs heavy? Not Kansas City or Buffalo.

So congrats, you spent a lot of assets to beat 1 specific team and can’t beat anybody else.

F it. Let's just cut to the chase and draft Togiai and Wade back to back here then spend rounds 5-7 drafting OL depth.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we draft Ian Book or a kicker/punter I’m not gonna be a happy camper.

Ian Book plus quarterback IRL like how I used to in video games. Run outside the pocket for absolutely no reason and either chuck it or run.

• Like 1