Day 3 discussion 2021 NFL Draft

Time for a quick poll.  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do we make all 6 picks today?

• Yes
    • No, we trade up at least once
    • No, we trade out of 2021 at least once, banking picks for next year.
    • No, we trade up AND trade out

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Ian Book plus quarterback IRL like how I used to in video games. Run outside the pocket for absolutely no reason and either chuck it or run.

Yep, but we were doing that with Mike Vick, not a slow white kid with no arm.

He’s a less athletic McSorely.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we draft Ian Book or a kicker/punter I’m not gonna be a happy camper.

Finally something we can agree on. Spending actual draft picks on a QB3 who will serve as nothing more than a camp arm and/or a kicker is like lighting a draft asset on fire.

Didn't Blankenship go undrafted? And he was the best K in NCAA? Kickers are a crap shoot regardless if they are drafted or not. 

• Like 1

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Finally something we can agree on. Spending actual draft picks on a QB3 who will serve as nothing more than a camp arm and/or a kicker is like lighting a draft asset on fire.

Didn't Blankenship go undrafted? And he was the best K in NCAA? Kickers are a crap shoot regardless if they are drafted or not. 

Yeah, just keep Parkey. He was fine.  People want to replace a kicker every time they miss a kick like not missing kicks is a thing.

Keenum is here next season and after that we’ll need a replacement. Spend a day 2 pick next year on a guy with some actual NFL ability and develop him and let him sit behind Baker.  There’s an UDFA we could sign with as much projectable talent as Book.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Jesus god in heaven, I don’t want you drafting players or ordering drinks.

Corona?  Get it together man.

I'm on vacation lol stay with the Coronas/Modelo/Pacifico when I'm on vacation.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, just keep Parkey. He was fine.  People want to replace a kicker every time they miss a kick like not missing kicks is a thing.

Keenum is here next season and after that we’ll need a replacement. Spend a day 2 pick next year on a guy with some actual NFL ability and develop him and let him sit behind Baker.  There’s an UDFA we could sign with as much projectable talent as Book.

At this point is his career after Keenuns contract is up I would extend him again at a good price if he wants it, he's still a high end backup and I believe in continuity at the top. 

Having a guy like Case makes me feel like the whole season isn't over if Baker would go down for a few weeks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

At this point is his career after Keenuns contract is up I would extend him again at a good price if he wants it, he's still a high end backup and I believe in continuity at the top. 

Having a guy like Case makes me feel like the whole season isn't over if Baker would go down for a few weeks.

I’d be perfectly fine with that, but he’s also making like 6 million a year.  He’d need to cut that downs a good bit.

I’d be all for resigning for like 2yrs/6mil.

14 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I'm on vacation lol stay with the Coronas/Modelo/Pacifico when I'm on vacation.

Smart move. Then you are only really drinking 1 beer for every 3. Keep the buzz going longer. 

• Like 1