2021 NFL Draft: Day Three Thread (NEED MOAR GIFS!!!)

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Pretty much the entire highlight reel of St. Juste is him playing 10 yards off and allowing a catch in front of him so he should fit right in here. 

Well people who watched him play say he has some good skills that csn be developed. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Pretty much the entire highlight reel of St. Juste is him playing 10 yards off and allowing a catch in front of him so he should fit right in here. 

Hopefully the plan is for him to play safety seem good outside with fuller/Jackson 

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Oh wow, that really sucks 😢 

@turtle28 See I gave my reason he is not a 3 down LB to ME!!!!! But I also mentioned earlier WHATEVER the reason is, he is falling. Knew something is wrong.

3 minutes ago, rizzy said:

Hopefully the plan is for him to play safety seem good outside with fuller/Jackson 

Could be. I can’t imagine him being a better option than what we already have at free safety or a FA we could sign still like Malik Hooker.

I mean DeShazor Everrett & Jeremy Reaves weren’t perfect but they clearly played above average last year.

Reaves had a really really high grade for the games he started by PFF, both of them have an amazing feel for the game, great instincts and study well so they recognize what the other team is going to do based off keys& formations.

Reaves was really good at that last year & Everrett is a vet who’s good at it too.

Edited by turtle28

15 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Cox had shoulder surgery that there’s a chance people don’t recover 100%

Oh I know it’s a nasty thing to have at his position. I’m not upset. Honestly I’m not upset we didn’t double up at LB. we got MY guy there. That was the player I wanted to QB our defense. I’m excited about Brown actually. I would have went a different direction but Brown with Terry and Samuel are going to be exciting. I’m intrigued by some passers next year. I’m not burning down the house because we didn’t get one. I just wish we had a more forward vision in the FO. But we need to finish this class out strong.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well people who watched him play say he has some good skills that csn be developed. 

So pick him later. I mean, would it have been back breaking not to get this guy? When is he even going to see the field? Jabril Cox would’ve been on the field almost immediately. I really like the Cosmi and Brown picks. I’m lukewarm on the Davis pick because he wasn’t even considered a starter going into the season until the starter had a stroke and he got on the field. But the St Juste and Bates picks? Hate them. Seems like when Gibbs had control of the draft and was just picking guys way ahead of where they should go because he liked the interviews they had. I hope I’m wrong and these guys play great but man, these picks seem like major reaches. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

He had 112 receiving yards last year. Seems like we took an undrafted free agent in the fourth round. 

The difference is talent between this 4th round TE we took vs the other TEs we have on the roster (minus Thomas) is greater than Jabril Cox and the other linebackers we have on the roster.  We literally have nothing at TE.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We needed a TE and we took a TE.  What’s the problem?

They didn’t take the TE that people knew from the ACC. They instead took a TE that the coaches and scouts watched and were impressed with during Senior Bowl WeeK who’s a good blocker. I’m fine with it, it was a bigger need than a pass catching TE tbh.