4th Round Pick: WR- Dez Fitzpatrick- Louisville

KingTitan

6 hours ago, KingTitan said:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dez-fitzpatrick/32004649-5476-7415-860a-435592f8fb73

NFL.com didn't have him ranked high at all either.

But check out his Senior Bowl highlights. Someone said Devonte Adams, I can see it a little in his release. 

Ya Greg Cosell wasn’t saying he’s the next Adams but said he had similar traits that Adams did when he was coming out 

• Like 1

So I didn't know a thing about him when we drafted him, but the more I watch him, I'm absolutely blown away by how good he is at getting YAC for his size. You wouldn't expect a guy that's 6'2" 210 to be as quick as he is. I think this might be one of JRob's sneaky gems. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

My least favorite pick in this draft, especially with St. Brown on the board. When St. Brown becomes a respected NFL starter and Dez Fitzpatrick becomes a literal nobody, Robinson will rue the day he traded up for this. 

this is crazy thinking.. i have LEGIT info about dez from a supreme source that in league circles he was seen as a late 2nd/early 3rd round pick.. so many 'fans" get caught up in mock draft and reports from "evaluators" who dont know a think about football, how to coach it, or how to study it. to assume dez will be a nobody is plain stupid just cause you dont like the pick.. watch his film, learn how to analyze it, and you'll like him.. he;s a very complete WR and very pro ready..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Airness McNairness said:

this is crazy thinking.. i have LEGIT info about dez from a supreme source that in league circles he was seen as a late 2nd/early 3rd round pick.. so many 'fans" get caught up in mock draft and reports from "evaluators" who dont know a think about football, how to coach it, or how to study it. to assume dez will be a nobody is plain stupid just cause you dont like the pick.. watch his film, learn how to analyze it, and you'll like him.. he;s a very complete WR and very pro ready..

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

Then why wasn’t he drafted in the late 2nd-early 3rd? Acting you’re some expert is hilarious. 

They knew they wanted him. They don't see him as just a 4th round guy in my opinion either. 
I think they knew others didn't see what they saw (good or bad for us). And they waited as long as they could. Got uncomfortable with and traded up.

If I think about it and this isn't apple to apples by a long shot. 
But say you are in your fantasy draft. I remember when Chris Johnson was coming out. I knew he was special, but nobody else in my league thought so.

Later years he was #1 overall fantasy choice, but I knew that rookie year he was gonna go off. But I didn't want to spend my 1st choice on him knowing that I could get him in say round 6 or 7. Round 5 came and I felt it was getting risky so I took him. Others were why you take someone nobody else was going to pick? lol

So I can see why they traded up and why they waited. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

Then why wasn’t he drafted in the late 2nd-early 3rd? Acting you’re some expert is hilarious. 

I don't think it was a normal evaluation year, despite the pro days. Players that opted out were punished in some ways. 
Guys that were thought to be slam draft picks were not.

Cade Johnson was said to be like at worst an 3rd round pick by a lot of experts. 
Demetric Felton didn't go to the 6th round behind a player like Jacob Harris from UCF.  No disrespect to Harris, but I thought Felton was at least an 4th.

What I saw was teams really valuing their interviews and who they met with.

Did we all think Fitzpatrick was even on Titans radar? Naw, I honestly didn't. I looked at him in passing because I look at all the WRs. lol
But looking at his work out numbers, his production he deserved to be a mid round pick. 3/4th round guy. In a run first offense like the Cardinals (as I have read at least) he put up close to 1,000 yards on less than 50 catches. 

If he went to say Clemson, I think he would have been an 2nd at least, putting up 1,000 yard seasons. 

He isn't a steal. He was picked right where I think he should have been picked. Robinson has picked some good WRs outside of Taywan Taylor and he had his moments until he got the drops. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I don't think it was a normal evaluation year, despite the pro days. Players that opted out were punished in some ways. 
Guys that were thought to be slam draft picks were not.

Cade Johnson was said to be like at worst an 3rd round pick by a lot of experts. 
Demetric Felton didn't go to the 6th round behind a player like Jacob Harris from UCF.  No disrespect to Harris, but I thought Felton was at least an 4th.

What I saw was teams really valuing their interviews and who they met with.

Did we all think Fitzpatrick was even on Titans radar? Naw, I honestly didn't. I looked at him in passing because I look at all the WRs. lol
But looking at his work out numbers, his production he deserved to be a mid round pick. 3/4th round guy. In a run first offense like the Cardinals (as I have read at least) he put up close to 1,000 yards on less than 50 catches. 

If he went to say Clemson, I think he would have been an 2nd at least, putting up 1,000 yard seasons. 

He isn't a steal. He was picked right where I think he should have been picked. Robinson has picked some good WRs outside of Taywan Taylor and he had his moments until he got the drops. 

I think this is about right. No receivers were picked between Monty Rice and where Dez was gotten, so they couldn’t have liked him more than they liked Rice, or they would have grabbed him there.

And they didn’t like Rice that much or they would have taken him at 85.

I do worry, since Amari Rogers was there at 85 and they passed on Amon-Ra St. Brown. It feels like passing on Chris Godwin for Taylor, but Dez wasn’t on my radar pre-draft, and I didn’t study the class as much as other positions, so who knows.

I like what I’ve seen, but I do still think someone like Rogers at 85 would have been the better pickup.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

several NFL agent friends of mine as well as Jim Nagy, senior bowl direcotor via espn reporter turron davenport all confirmed that dez was seen that high in league circles. he had the same rise in league circles that josh palmer had. the only difference is that josh palmer's rise happened in the media and dez's didnt. also, players drop all the time. aj brown was a 1st round wr,why was he there at 51? why was molden there at 100? why was weaver there in the late 4th?(and dont say cause of the arrest cause not all teams knew about it)

37 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think this is about right. No receivers were picked between Monty Rice and where Dez was gotten, so they couldn’t have liked him more than they liked Rice, or they would have grabbed him there.

And they didn’t like Rice that much or they would have taken him at 85.

I do worry, since Amari Rogers was there at 85 and they passed on Amon-Ra St. Brown. It feels like passing on Chris Godwin for Taylor, but Dez wasn’t on my radar pre-draft, and I didn’t study the class as much as other positions, so who knows.

I like what I’ve seen, but I do still think someone like Rogers at 85 would have been the better pickup.

i think the titans have a type of receiver they like. big, physical, durable, sturdy guys. thats why i thought they'd go for terrace marshall but in hindsight, dez is a more complete receiver than he is..