4. 134 - Janarius Robinson, DE, Florida State

SemperFeist

Very interesting after picking Patrick Jones II.  Janarius is a freak show physically, super long arms, big hands and is just a long dude who at times flashed big time ability.  Curious they pass on DTs in Nixon and Marvin Wilson though, would have though DT depth is more of an issue than DE depth.  Maybe they really think Danielle Hunter is on his way out which would suck.  

I wouldn't read into it as having anything to do with Hunter. We have Weatherly on a 1 year deal, Wonnum, and now 2 rookies. This might be a Hunter type pick where Patterson banger the table. It might just be that they don't see anyone on the board who's going to come in and take someone's spot this year, so they're staying true to their board and taking the guys they feel are better than what's left. 

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t think there’s any reason to worry about Hunter. 

Hunter
Weatherly (Who’s only on a 1 year deal)
Wonnum
Jones II
Robinson

I think this is the end of Mata’afa and Holmes. 

True, I just do not have as much faith in the DT backups with Watts and Lynch as I would with Wonnum and Weatherly/Jones

Tomlinson is awesome and should be great, Pierce who knows how he will do and Watts not a huge fan of his.  Just think Nixon would have been a steal here and provide much need athletic ability and push on the inside.  But yeah with Patterson coaching the DL should be able to possibly develop Robinson and make him a monster.