4. 134 - Janarius Robinson, DE, Florida State

SemperFeist

9 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I wonder if 1 of the rookies will move inside some on passing downs or maybe Weatherly will do more of that

just a guess but i think they're more likely to move hunter, weatherly or wonnum inside and let jones and robinson stick outside until they develop more.

This guy is definitely the Andre Patterson pick of the litter.  He will be one of the more intriguing players to watch come training camp and preseason, as he fits the Hunter, Weatherly, Wonnum type that Patterson always looks for.  

25 minutes ago, swede700 said:

This guy is definitely the Andre Patterson pick of the litter.  He will be one of the more intriguing players to watch come training camp and preseason, as he fits the Hunter, Weatherly, Wonnum type that Patterson always looks for.  

Robinson has more elite physical traits than Patrick Jones II, but Patrick Jones currently is a better football player.

But yeah, Robinson could be a dude if things click. Physically, he's pretty comparable to Preston Smith. 

• Like 2

This was a huge get for FSU when he was signed. Obviously FSU was in a cluster fudge the past few years so I don't think he's ever gotten the attention and coaching he's needed. He's a monster and well on his way to being another Hunter physically. Patterson should have no problem molding this kid into a good player.

2 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

This was a huge get for FSU when he was signed. Obviously FSU was in a cluster fudge the past few years so I don't think he's ever gotten the attention and coaching he's needed. He's a monster and well on his way to being another Hunter physically. Patterson should have no problem molding this kid into a good player.

This is where I'm at with this. You take swings on players like this at this point in the draft. huge 5 star recruit, didn't develop due to a poor environment but still displayed elite physical traits and testing numbers, take this player and give him to the best DL coach in the biz to mold.

Just now, battle2heaven said:

This is where I'm at with this. You take swings on players like this at this point in the draft. huge 5 star recruit, didn't develop due to a poor environment but still displayed elite physical traits and testing numbers, take this player and give him to the best DL coach in the biz to mold.

Exactly. Being Selfish I would have like to have gotten Josh Kaindoh too. He'll get good coaching down in KC though.

This guy could be a freaking monster with good coaching, already is a solid player that is a very good run defender, if he can work on his get off and pass rush moves, dude...Combine him with Patrick Jones and Twyman could have the building of something special.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ozzy said:

This guy could be a freaking monster with good coaching, already is a solid player that is a very good run defender, if he can work on his get off and pass rush moves, dude...Combine him with Patrick Jones and Twyman could have the building of something special.  

A big guy with long arms that can block place kicks at the line of scrimmage.  We haven't seen that since the days of Alan Page and Matt Blair!