2021: 05.154 - Jets select CB Michael Carter

Bianconero

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Wade got killed once when he was on an island though. Wade is solid, but I feel better about MC2 right now. I'm still trying to find a true weak spot. 

In 2019 when playing out of the slot, he had a first round grade. He played outside last year and was bad. If we were looking for a slot CB, he may have been one of the better ones. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

In 2019 when playing out of the slot, he had a first round grade. He played outside last year and was bad. If we were looking for a slot CB, he may have been one of the better ones. 

The way offenses are set up, even NB's are put on an island if offenses know where they struggle. I'm not going to act like he can't improve it, but I'm happy with our pick there. 

On 5/1/2021 at 2:31 PM, Abe56 said:

His uncle is Revis...

That’s why this pick rang familiar!!! I remember reading that months back. I like this pick even more now. He’s a pure nickel for us, same role Jevon Holland is gonna play for Miami. He definitely has upside there, he picked off Sam Howell and played well against Dyami Brown when Duke played UNC. I like where we’re at at CB right now. 

8 hours ago, NewAge said:

He says the Jets think Carter might be the starting nickel corner Week 1. 

Guidry played well last year when given a chance.  I wouldn't count him out.  I like our nickel situation but I do think we need a guy like Nelson opposite Hall just so we can ease the young guys in.  Austin I don't love and Pinnock is a rookie so having a guy there to take the pressure off of him makes a ton of sense.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Really hoping this kid can grasp the offense. We won’t have a lead back. But he should get most the snaps as long as he can learn quick. He’s a 3 down back with how he can run between and outside the tackles, can catch and pick up blocks.

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Really hoping this kid can grasp the offense. We won’t have a lead back. But he should get most the snaps as long as he can learn quick. He’s a 3 down back with how he can run between and outside the tackles, can catch and pick up blocks.

This name thing is going to be a problem for us. Isn’t it?

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, Big T said:

Could wind up outside of Wilson, the steal of the Jets draft. The guy is playing lights out for a rookie. Guidry as well has been an absolute steal as a FA signing. Even Dunn has seen playing time. Where is Pinnot?

Grigio is fermenting

• Like 1