49ers select OT Jaylon Moore With the 155th Pick in the 5th round

J-ALL-DAY

18 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

One of McVitz/Brunskill is definitely moving back to T

Staley, Tomlinson, Mack, Banks, McGlinchey starting 5. Moore, McVitz, Brunskill, Coleman as the backups.

Joe Staley coming back?

• Like 1

The Pick: Jaylon Moore, OT

Grade: B+

Why: I admit, I wasn’t expecting to double up on linemen in this draft, but I really like both guys taken. I really like Moore’s athletic profile even if his arms are short (22 percentile). His blend of on-field success in both run and pass combined with his athletic profile and scheme fit make this guy a great fit for us and a very intriguing developmental project.

2021 Impact: Slight to moderate

Why: I’ll preface this by saying that I think he should start at OT and fail his way inside. I think Brunskill is our 1st guy off the bench for any spot, but I’m hoping Moore can be the 7th guy by beating out both Skule and Coleman. I really like his profile at OT, but it sounds like he's going to start at OG. I think this could limit his ability to get on the field quickly, but we'll see.  

My Thoughts: Moore’s athletic profile and his RAS score both say he’d be an ultra-athletic guard, but he was a really good 3-year starter LT for Western Michigan. He excels in pass protection and zone blocking mainly because of how athletic he is, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have technique.  

I think guys sometimes get classified as a gifted mover that’s weak or a mountain that’s strong but can’t move. Moore seems to be a bit of both from what I watched. He is very athletic, but also has an anchor to him. It’s very enticing to kick him inside, I see the potential, but I want to see him at OT first. Regardless, he, along with Banks, raises the floor of our O-Line and is helping turn it into a strength if they can both perform.

What I Like:

• The athletic profile
  • The fluidity in his movement, it’s almost effortless
  • The pedigree (3-yr starter at LT with quality play)
  • His get-off the snap with conviction. He wants to hurt people
  • Like 1