NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

Doesn't matter whether he's willing to move on or not, the key sentence from the article that @perrynoid posted is "if the right situation emerges."  It doesn't take a brain wizard to know that the Jets aren't the right situation for anyone that has hopes for a long career as a GM.  There's a reason why Paton turned them down twice...and that reason hasn't changed.  The other team to occupy MetLife Stadium would have been a better opportunity for Paton than the Jets is, but they wanted Gettleman.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Just a negotiation tactic. 

It is, but I wouldn't put it past DeMaurice to have them stick it out...especially when it comes to that personal conduct policy (which he never should have allowed to go through in the first place).  In order to get that (and expanded rosters), they may fight tooth and nail to not go to an 18-game season in exchange. 

28 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It is, but I wouldn't put it past DeMaurice to have them stick it out...especially when it comes to that personal conduct policy (which he never should have allowed to go through in the first place).  In order to get that (and expanded rosters), they may fight tooth and nail to not go to an 18-game season in exchange. 

Have to give up something. I definitely could see 18 game seasons become a reality, may have to trim down preseason and add a bye week. As a fan, I have no complaints with two extra weeks of regular season football games.

40 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

The agents absolutely should be advising their players to save money. They should also advise them that a season long work stoppage could very well be in the players’ interests, and by proxy, the agents’ best interests. 

Based on some of the post-career horror stories that I've heard, agents should urge players to save their money regardless of any lockout talk.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, swede700 said:

No big deal. This has become commonplace in PA's for all sports leagues when near the end of collective agreements. The way players burn through their money and lack of outside income. Players will turn on each other and cave faster than owners especially as their money depletes.     

Speak of the devil...

When the two sides sit down at the negotiating table for the next collective bargaining agreement, owners may pursue an expanded regular-season schedule with the National Football League Players Association.  

According to the Washington Post's Mark Maske, some of the league's 32 owners are in favor of an 18-game season, partly because "additional regular season games would generate a significant revenue boost."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2838607-multiple-nfl-owners-reportedly-seeking-18-game-schedule-as-part-of-cba-talks?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Not surprised in the least.  That organization is as dysfunctional an organization as there is the NFL...they have far surpassed the Browns for that title now.  It's going to take a special opportunity for Paton to move.  I could see him make a move to Carolina, Tampa Bay or even Arizona here in the next couple of years if those organizations decide to make changes again.  Arizona has the worst ownership group of the bunch, but Keim is so bad at the job, even the Bidwills would probably support him fully to save them from the complete mismanagement of the operation that Keim has overseen.  

Edited by swede700