NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

7 hours ago, RpMc said:

Rosen ends up signing with Tampa Bay on their practice squad.  Left himself no more room for excuses.  Get's to learn from Tom Brady, Bruce Arians, and is with the OC who wanted him in Arizona.

plus he got a two year contract, something Arizona and Miami did not give him. so he plays behind Brady for two years and then has his chance to be the starter.

The Saints missed out on signing Jadeveon Clowney, but it wasn’t for a lack of creativity. Saints head coach Sean Payton confirmed that the team tried to work out a deal that would have seen another team, believed to be the Browns, sign Clowney and pay his signing bonus before trading him and the remainder of his salary to the Saints for a draft pick. The idea was to work around the Saints’ limited cap space by making a trade that hasn’t been seen in the NFL before.

On Monday, Payton said they asked the league if that would be kosher and the initial response was “very positive” before they ultimately ruled that it wouldn’t be allowed.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/07/sean-payton-we-felt-like-we-got-close-on-jadeveon-clowney/

• 4 weeks later...

Who are your surprise teams during the first 1/4th of the season?  I think Cleveland in the AFC, but maybe not that much of a surprise.  In the NFC, I've got Carolina!  They have done well, even without Christian McCaffrey.  Teddy Bridgewater is a damn fine quarterback for a ball control, eat the clock offense...you know, the kind of offense the Vikings want to have!!

23 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Who are your surprise teams during the first 1/4th of the season?  I think Cleveland in the AFC, but maybe not that much of a surprise.  In the NFC, I've got Carolina!  They have done well, even without Christian McCaffrey.  Teddy Bridgewater is a damn fine quarterback for a ball control, eat the clock offense...you know, the kind of offense the Vikings want to have!!

I was waiting last season and into this season for the Falcons to bounce back...it hasn't happened and I've been surprised...a ooaching change is now going to be required, as they shouldn't be making the dumb mistakes they have.  In a similar sense, I'm kinda surprised that the Saints are 2-2...they should be better than that considering the amount of money they have tied up and will so for the foreseeable future.     

23 minutes ago, swede700 said:

In a similar sense, I'm kinda surprised that the Saints are 2-2...they should be better than that considering the amount of money they have tied up and will so for the foreseeable future.

The Saints offense without Michael Thomas is not the Saints offense. They are playing with Kamara and gimmicks at the moment. They'll be back to being the Saints offense soon enough.

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Speaking of trades, how hard is Spielman working the phones this week with the trade deadline two weeks from tomorrow (11/3)?

Do we think anyone gets moved? I'd be calling around about Ant Harris.

He's likely the only one being considered as trade bait.  You never know about Reiff, but Harris is the one with the most value.