Jump to content
Heimdallr

NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I was aware of this but did forget so thanks for sharing.

I imagine they'll be ready before the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gopherwrestler said:

 

‘Fat guy in a little coat’....love that Tommy Boy scene (circa 1995). McCarthy looks super uncomfortable in that suit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how much the Saints will sell for once the NFL forces the sale of the team. Yikes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This kind of money for a lesser quality offensive tackle tells me there is no taking less money for Riley Reiff probably cut him or keep at his current price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, solidvikingfan said:

This kind of money for a lesser quality offensive tackle tells me there is no taking less money for Riley Reiff probably cut him or keep at his current price.

Well, the Cardinals aren't having to pay their QB any money yet, so they can do that.  Plus, they're very top-heavy, they'll likely not end up having any depth, considering all the money they're paying to PP, David Johnson, Chandler Jones, Fitz, Justin Pugh and now DJ Humphries.  While it may have an impact on Reiff's thoughts, the Cardinals are also in a very different place as a franchise, considering they probably have zero chance of competing even for the playoffs for the next 2 years.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think that Humphries contract is going to come into play with Reiff, because I don’t believe that the Vikings view Reiff’s future, at least with the organization, as an offensive tackle. 

For a while now, both PA and Ben Leber have talked about moving Reiff inside to guard. If history is an indication of anything when those two start talking about something like that, it’s not just an idea that they’ve come up with. They’ve heard it from within the Vikings organization somewhere. Which tells me that the Vikings are going to ask Reiff to move to guard, and if he agrees it’s going to also come with a pay cut. If he doesn’t agree to take the pay cut, or doesn’t want to move inside, he’ll be cut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t think that Humphries contract is going to come into play with Reiff, because I don’t believe that the Vikings view Reiff’s future, at least with the organization, as an offensive tackle. 

For a while now, both PA and Ben Leber have talked about moving Reiff inside to guard. If history is an indication of anything when those two start talking about something like that, it’s not just an idea that they’ve come up with. They’ve heard it from within the Vikings organization somewhere. Which tells me that the Vikings are going to ask Reiff to move to guard, and if he agrees it’s going to also come with a pay cut. If he doesn’t agree to take the pay cut, or doesn’t want to move inside, he’ll be cut. 

I concur.  I've never viewed him as potentially moving to guard, but in this case, considering the source, I believe there is some actual truth to the rumor.  Which would mean that they potentially could move O'Neill to the left or draft a new LT.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I concur.  I've never viewed him as potentially moving to guard, but in this case, considering the source, I believe there is some actual truth to the rumor.  Which would mean that they potentially could move O'Neill to the left or draft a new LT.  

I still don’t think it’s worth for it Reiff. Can’t imagine he’d take a significant paycut from his $13m. Maybe get him down to $10m? So we will end up paying him top Guard money even though he’s never played Guard. Just cut him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I still don’t think it’s worth for it Reiff. Can’t imagine he’d take a significant paycut from his $13m. Maybe get him down to $10m? So we will end up paying him top Guard money even though he’s never played Guard. Just cut him. 

At $10M, he's not even a top-10 paid guard.  I'd consider it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 7 team playoff structure is interesting.

I do like the idea of only the #1 seed getting a first round bye. 

Edited by SemperFeist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adam Schefter✔@AdamSchefter

More details: Under the current CBA proposal that NFL owners are pushing for, the playoff field would be expanded to seven teams, while the regular season would be increased to 17 games per team, and the preseason shortened to three games per team, per sources.

 

Adam Schefter✔@AdamSchefter

NFL playoff structure is about to be changed. Under the current CBA proposal, seven teams from each conference will make the playoffs, with only one bye per conference, sources tell ESPN. It would go into effect this upcoming season.

Edited by vike daddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no issue with either of these changes. As a fan, I’d rather watch 1 more regular season game each year than a preseason game and increasing the playoff field by two teams seems logical. I never really liked two teams each conference getting a bye, Wild card weekend just became more interesting. The Vikes would have made the playoffs a couple of years ago with this change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My issue with the 17 game season are all of the records. I know that they have expanded the season before, but I just don't like it unless you're going to limit players to 16 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×