NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

58 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Yes...this is interesting, but doesn't go nearly far enough.  So, as I understand what I've read, there will be two additional players added to a teams active roster, and two more players added to the practice squad.  The other thing I noticed is the reduction of the number of pads and full contact practices that can occur during training camp. I wonder what coaches think about that?

I am all for player safety...much more can and should be done.  I am also for good football. These days good football is harder and harder to come by.

Agreed.  I understand as well about the need for safety, but reducing the amount of contact for offensive linemen doesn't make the game itself better.  They need to find some other way to do it.  My personal opinion is that maybe that they can include contact earlier (maybe in the OTAs), but just reduce the amount of time per OTA/training camp practice where they can have contact.  So, you're going to have contact earlier in the offseason, but maybe just not for as long each individual time.

Edited by swede700

When they do go to the 17th game, it'll be interesting to see how they determine it.  I've proposed before that they face the team in the opposite conference, who finished in the same place in the division that they didn't face last year, this year, or next year (so, it's really the division they faced 2 years ago or 2 years from now)...which, in this case, if it were to be happening this coming year, it would be the 2nd place team in the AFC East (they faced the AFC West last year, AFC South this year, and AFC North next year), so they'd be facing Buffalo in the extra game.  I would have that game be at a neutral site...in this case, likely Toronto.  

The other NFC North extra games would be Packers-Patriots, Bears-Jets, and Lions-Dolphins

Other games would be:

Eagles-Chiefs

Cowboys-Broncos

Giants-Raiders

Chargers-Washington

Saints-Ravens

Falcons-Steelers

Bucs-Browns

Panthers-Bengals

49ers-Texans

Seahawks-Titans

Rams-Colts

Cardinals-Jaguars

Edited by swede700

20 hours ago, swede700 said:

When they do go to the 17th game, it'll be interesting to see how they determine it.  I've proposed before that they face the team in the opposite conference, who finished in the same place in the division that they didn't face last year, this year, or next year (so, it's really the division they faced 2 years ago or 2 years from now)...which, in this case, if it were to be happening this coming year, it would be the 2nd place team in the AFC East (they faced the AFC West last year, AFC South this year, and AFC North next year), so they'd be facing Buffalo in the extra game.  I would have that game be at a neutral site...in this case, likely Toronto.  

The other NFC North extra games would be Packers-Patriots, Bears-Jets, and Lions-Dolphins

Other games would be:

Eagles-Chiefs

Cowboys-Broncos

Giants-Raiders

Chargers-Washington

Saints-Ravens

Falcons-Steelers

Bucs-Browns

Panthers-Bengals

49ers-Texans

Seahawks-Titans

Rams-Colts

Cardinals-Jaguars

That would be some good football to watch!

On 2/22/2020 at 12:24 PM, SteelKing728 said:

That would be some good football to watch!

There's certainly some stinker games in there, but there would be some entertaining games, like Saints-Ravens, Seahawks-Titans, Rams-Colts, Eagles-Chiefs, and even Packers-Patriots.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

As far as the CBA, I’ll be surprised if 60% of the players vote against a 20% pay raise. 

Probably not, but you never know...it would depend upon what their team reps tell them, because I imagine they'd have some influence.  

With Washington giving Trent Williams permission to seek a trade, what do you think will have to be sent their way for compensation, and what sort of deal (if any) would have to be given to him? I could see him going for a 5th rounder or lower easily at this point. Assuming we could make the numbers work, should we be interested?

46 minutes ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

With Washington giving Trent Williams permission to seek a trade, what do you think will have to be sent their way for compensation, and what sort of deal (if any) would have to be given to him? I could see him going for a 5th rounder or lower easily at this point. Assuming we could make the numbers work, should we be interested?

We just don't have that much cap space to devote to a position where we already have a competent starter.  He would be a marginal upgrade anyways, I would rather we devote what little free agency money we will have to upgrade our dire positions of need: LG, 3-tech, CB and perhaps S depending on what happens with Harris.