NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

• 2 weeks later...

Bobby Beathard was nominated as the contributor candidate for the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Thursday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/25/bobby-beathard-is-contributor-candidate-for-hall-of-fame/

If you can be a fan of a GM, I was a fan of his.  The jobs he did in Washington and San Diego were pretty darn good.  I recall that he was rumored as a potential candidate for the Vikings' GM after Lynn was oustered, but it never came to fruition....and in a somewhat ironic note, we'll be seeing his grandson play QB for the 49ers on Sunday...CJ Beathard.

Maybe it's just less significant players but until Edelman and Ware have been knocked out for the year, I hadn't heard about a ton of ACL/Season Ending injuries this preseason. It might just be that it's been lesser known players this year who've had the injuries, but even just looking at the News forum, Fant and Meredith are two of the other big ones, and they aren't huge names.

5 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Maybe it's just less significant players but until Edelman and Ware have been knocked out for the year, I hadn't heard about a ton of ACL/Season Ending injuries this preseason. It might just be that it's been lesser known players this year who've had the injuries, but even just looking at the News forum, Fant and Meredith are two of the other big ones, and they aren't huge names.

Meredith is Chicago's No. 1 receiver. I'd say that's pretty significant.

18 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

We would should at least consider Ward. He would step right in opposite of Smith and he's an upgrade over Sendejo. Would make Sendejo a decent backup option.

I would love to see Harrison and Ward as our starting safeties!!