NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

10 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Dez Bryant is still available. Would you take him at the league minimum as a Red Zone threat?

He'd be a diva, for sure. But on a one year deal at the veteran's minimum, he'd be an upgrade at the #3 spot. 

It would be hard letting one of the young guys go but I might be willing to let Treadwell go in order to make room for Bryant if the money were not an issue. 

51 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Dez Bryant is still available. Would you take him at the league minimum as a Red Zone threat?

He'd be a diva, for sure. But on a one year deal at the veteran's minimum, he'd be an upgrade at the #3 spot. 

Absolutely not.  He's always been slower than most high-level WRs, but he can't separate anymore.  Right now, he may worse off the line than Treadwell. 

Edited by disaacs
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Nope.  Not interested. Unless he were to bulk up and be willing to try out at guard.

Edited by Guest
add more commetn

The Super Bowl is reportedly set to return to Arizona and New Orleans.

On Monday, Daniel Kaplan of Sports Business Journal reported the league will vote on whether to award Super Bowl LVII (2023) to Arizona and Super Bowl LVIII (2024) to New Orleans at the owners meetings Tuesday in Atlanta.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2777107-nfl-reportedly-to-vote-on-super-bowls-57-and-58-for-arizona-new-orleans?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

To continue off of the post above the sites for the next 6 Super Bowl's

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/future-super-bowl-locations-sites-cities-stadiums-hosts/caixretvamxc113i2gmt8f18v

Year Super Bowl site

2019 Atlanta, Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Super Bowl 53

2020 South Florida, Hard Rock Stadium, Super Bowl 54

2021Tampa Bay, Raymond James Stadium, Super Bowl 55

2022 Los Angeles, Los Angeles Stadium, Super Bowl 56

2023 Glendale, University of Phoenix Stadium, Super Bowl 57 (reported)

2024 New Orleans, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Super Bowl 58 (reported)

Pure speculation on my part but Vegas in 2025?

15 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

To continue off of the post above the sites for the next 6 Super Bowl's

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/future-super-bowl-locations-sites-cities-stadiums-hosts/caixretvamxc113i2gmt8f18v

Year Super Bowl site

2019 Atlanta, Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Super Bowl 53

2020 South Florida, Hard Rock Stadium, Super Bowl 54

2021Tampa Bay, Raymond James Stadium, Super Bowl 55

2022 Los Angeles, Los Angeles Stadium, Super Bowl 56

2023 Glendale, University of Phoenix Stadium, Super Bowl 57 (reported)

2024 New Orleans, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Super Bowl 58 (reported)

Pure speculation on my part but Vegas in 2025?

That's possible, but due to the NFL's conservative nature, they may even wait until 2026 or later, just so they are fully ready to handle the Las Vegas market (and have all information on it's impacts).  The last time a major sports league held a big league event in Vegas, it didn't go over so well.  It's not a wonder that Tampa, Miami, Phoenix and New Orleans get 4 of the next 6 Super Bowls...they are tried and true Super Bowl destinations.  Unfortunately, so was San Diego, but the Spanos' screwed that pooch.  

Here's my prediction...Vegas will certainly get Super Bowl LX (2026)...and Super Bowl LXIX (2035...god, I'll be old then) will be in London.  

Richie Incognito has been released by Buffalo. He'd be a solid one-year pickup. Would instantly upgrade either Guard spot. I think he'd love playing for Zimmer, but the chances of him being a locker room disruption are substantial. I'd take the chance though. 

15 hours ago, disaacs said:

That's possible, but due to the NFL's conservative nature, they may even wait until 2026 or later, just so they are fully ready to handle the Las Vegas market (and have all information on it's impacts).  The last time a major sports league held a big league event in Vegas, it didn't go over so well.  It's not a wonder that Tampa, Miami, Phoenix and New Orleans get 4 of the next 6 Super Bowls...they are tried and true Super Bowl destinations.  Unfortunately, so was San Diego, but the Spanos' screwed that pooch.  

Here's my prediction...Vegas will certainly get Super Bowl LX (2026)...and Super Bowl LXIX (2035...god, I'll be old then) will be in London.  

I hate that Florida and New Orleans get the Super Bowl so often. I understand the need for good weather and what not, but I like seeing it in different locales. 

3 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Richie Incognito has been released by Buffalo. He'd be a solid one-year pickup. Would instantly upgrade either Guard spot. I think he'd love playing for Zimmer, but the chances of him being a locker room disruption are substantial. I'd take the chance though. 

I wouldn't.  The guy is a bad dude, period...I want nothing to do with him.  

49 minutes ago, disaacs said:

I wouldn't.  The guy is a bad dude, period...I want nothing to do with him.  

It isn't ideal, but beggars can't be choosers. Given where the the team is at and considering the hole at offensive line the Vikings need to consider the option. People with no options must be content with what is offered. I would be content at one of the two guard positions with Incognito.

19 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

It isn't ideal, but beggars can't be choosers. Given where the the team is at and considering the hole at offensive line the Vikings need to consider the option. People with no options must be content with what is offered. I would be content at one of the two guard positions with Incognito.

Sure, it can be considered...for about 5 seconds.  But, I'd argue that he's not that much of an upgrade.  PFF may have ranked him as the 12th ranked guard last year, but he's 34 years old and doesn't appear to be all that committed to playing, since he played the Favre-card to try to get out of Buffalo.  

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the new Raiders stadium in Las Vegas likely will be hosting Super Bowl LIX or LX (those may or may not be the right Roman numerals for numbers 59 and 60). Whenever the Super Bowl makes its way to Nevada, it’s expected to instantly become one of the cornerstones of the new Super Bowl rotation.

As the source explained it, the anticipated reaction to the first Super Bowl in Las Vegas will be something like this, “Why don’t we have it here every year?” And while that’s not practical, the Super Bowl likely will be returning to Las Vegas every four or five years.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/22/vegas-l-a-to-become-cornerstones-of-new-super-bowl-rotation/

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the new Raiders stadium in Las Vegas likely will be hosting Super Bowl LIX or LX (those may or may not be the right Roman numerals for numbers 59 and 60). Whenever the Super Bowl makes its way to Nevada, it’s expected to instantly become one of the cornerstones of the new Super Bowl rotation.

As the source explained it, the anticipated reaction to the first Super Bowl in Las Vegas will be something like this, “Why don’t we have it here every year?” And while that’s not practical, the Super Bowl likely will be returning to Las Vegas every four or five years.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/22/vegas-l-a-to-become-cornerstones-of-new-super-bowl-rotation/

Makes sense.

I like that we'll have new blood in the Super Bowl stadium game. I feel like it's always the same 5-10 cities on rotation. A few have slipped into the rotation for one game because of a new stadium, but otherwise I feel like it's always the same hosts.

Since I started following the NFL (latest Cowboys-Steelers game), three cities have hosted the game three times and another three have hosted it twice. That's six cities hosting 16 of 23 games.