NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

Raiders traded Bryant for the 79th pick in the draft. Steelers traded up a few picks from there to take Mason Rudolph, who looks terrible. Seahawks took Rasheem Green at 79, a guy I liked a lot for the Vikings at one point pre-draft.

Green had a fantastic preseason for the Seahawks. Played DE and nickel DT, racked up 3 sacks and 12 pressures, plus 9 stops, with a PFF grade of 80.1. Green is 21 and might already be the best edge rusher on the Raiders. 

The Raiders did address edge in the 3rd round after trading away the pick for Bryant, taking Arden Key 87th. Key had a great 2016 year at LSU and then fell apart in his draft year and had a terrible combine. He got some good press in training camp but he did basically nothing in preseason -- PFF grade of 28.6, by far the worst on the entire team. 

So the Raiders could've had Rasheem Green and another 3rd round pick but instead ended up with Arden Key and nothing. Just brutal. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Krauser said:

So the Raiders could've had Rasheem Green and another 3rd round pick but instead ended up with Arden Key and nothing. Just brutal. 

I can very easily see Gruden completely dismantling the Raiders and sending them back to the dumpster, just as they were starting to recover from the Al Davis era. Even worse than what McDaniels did in Denver.

EDIT: I also forgot that Gruden has a TEN YEAR contract. Unbelievable.