NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

Via Fortune.com, Nike’s online sales grew 31 percent since Sunday. That’s nearly twice the growth (17 percent) from the same post-summer period of a year ago. So, shockingly, a company that knows a thing or two about its target audience makes a move aimed at getting them to buy more stuff and, even more shockingly, they are.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/07/nike-sales-spike-in-wake-of-colin-kaepernick-relationship/

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Via Fortune.com, Nike’s online sales grew 31 percent since Sunday. That’s nearly twice the growth (17 percent) from the same post-summer period of a year ago. So, shockingly, a company that knows a thing or two about its target audience makes a move aimed at getting them to buy more stuff and, even more shockingly, they are.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/07/nike-sales-spike-in-wake-of-colin-kaepernick-relationship/

I've never bought a pair of Nikes in my life, but their actions may consider me to purchase some the next time I'm in the market for shoes.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2018 at 6:24 PM, SemperFeist said:

Still a New Balance guy, but definitely might switch from UA polos to Nike’s. 

I try to not get too involved in the politics of companies.

I still eat at Chick-Fil-A, drink coffee at Starbucks and buy products from Nike even though I don't agree with some of their actions/beliefs.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I still eat at Chick-Fil-A, drink coffee at Starbucks and buy products from Nike even though I don't agree with some of their actions/beliefs.

Companies like Monsanto and Nestle are FAR worse and are basically inescapable. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I just find the whole “boycot” of Nike over this issue funny. 

Kids working 16 hour days for $0.10? TAKE MY MONEY NIKE!

Nike supports an American who’s exercising his right to protest? SCREW YOU NIKE! 

That's why we've usually never bought Nike in the first place

I've never really understood "boycotting" a company because of something management does or doesn't do. You could probably find something worth boycotting over in every single company in the world.

I'll never be one to protest either. I just find there are more productive ways to get things resolved. Just because someone has a right to do something doesn't mean it's right to do it. in any circumstance.

On 9/9/2018 at 1:18 AM, SteelKing728 said:

I won't eat Chick-Fil-A mainly because they are overpriced for such a mediocre chicken sandwich...the political stance of their ownership just icing on the cake.

The long, difficult process of picking a five-man class of modern candidates for the Pro Football Hall of Fame begins with a long list of distinguished nominees.

Thursday, the Hall announced the list of 102 nominees for the honor, beginning the process.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/13/initial-list-of-pro-football-hall-of-fame-nominees-announced/

I'm pretty sure Gonzalez, Reed and Bailey are slam dunks...although Bailey might have to wait a year.  So my list would be:

Tony Gonzalez, Ed Reed, Alan Faneca, Don Coryell (I'll still continue to push him until he gets in), Tony Boselli

On 9/10/2018 at 11:39 AM, swede700 said:

I won't eat Chick-Fil-A mainly because they are overpriced for such a mediocre chicken sandwich...the political stance of their ownership just icing on the cake.

I'm going to have to disagree.  I recently had Chick-Fil-A for the first time a couple weeks back and its by far the best chicken sandwich I've had, No boingys in the one I had either which is a huge plus, I think thats the first time that's happened in over a decade, granted I don't eat a lot of fast food but IMO Better than either KFC(I used to like KFC's Georgia Gold strips when they first came out but the last 3 times I had them all they are is super flat, rubbery chicken and mostly just breading) & Popeyes and certainly better than Wendy's, McDonald's, ,Sonic or Burger King.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Boda said:

I'm going to have to disagree.  I recently had Chick-Fil-A for the first time a couple weeks back and its by far the best chicken sandwich I've had, No boingys in the one I had either which is a huge plus, I think thats the first time that's happened in over a decade, granted I don't eat a lot of fast food but IMO Better than either KFC(I used to like KFC's Georgia Gold strips when they first came out but the last 3 times I had them all they are is super flat, rubbery chicken and mostly just breading) & Popeyes and certainly better than Wendy's, McDonald's, ,Sonic or Burger King.

Then you must have gotten lucky.  I think I've eaten Chick-Fil-A 3 times in my life and it was garbage every time...chicken was bland and dry, and waffle fries were soggy nasty.  I'd take a KFC Chicken Little over any Chick-Fil-A sandwich every day of the week and twice on Sunday (because at least I could get one on Sunday there ;) )...but then I'd probably have a heart attack and die the next Monday.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1