NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

4 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Love Church's and the fact that you can choose all white or all dark on the menu. Fresh Popeyes made by people that care about the food they send out though is the best. I'd argue that their chicken strips are the best I've ever had with Publix being a close second.

I used to love Popeyes, was my absolute favorite Chicken place but I don't know if its where I live now or if people just stopped caring but its fallen so far and I kind of looked like jerk to my lady because she never had it and all I could do was talk it up and then when we had it well saying we were both disappointed would be an understatement and the lady has vowed to never eat there again, that's just how bad it was unfortunately

17 hours ago, Klomp said:

Weeks ago, I predicted that the body weight rule (Rodgers Rule) would become a more frustrating rule for fans than the lowering the helmet rule. Others are finally catching on.

It's absolutely ridiculous...and I said so after the Antwione Williams call in the preseason.  It's nonsense, as you can't regulate physics.  

A group of Pro Football Hall of Famers are arguing that every member of the Hall of Fame should be paid an annual salary and given health insurance. In a letter sent to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, NFL Players Association Executive Director DeMaurice Smith, and Pro Football Hall of Fame President David Baker, 20 Hall of Famers say they deserve better than they have received.

“We believe we deserve more,” the letter says. “We write to demand two things: Health insurance and an annual salary for all Hall of Famers that includes a share of league revenue.”

The letter blasts Goodell as overpaid and says that the league “is notorious for the hard line it takes against players.” The Hall of Famers say they will not attend next year’s induction ceremony if their demands are not met.

The letter is signed by Eric Dickerson, who is spearheading the effort, as well as Marcus Allen, Mel Blount, Derrick Brooks, Jim Brown, Earl Campbell, Richard Dent, Carl Eller, Marshall Faulk, Mike Haynes, Rickey Jackson, Ronnie Lott, Curtis Martin, Joe Namath, John Randle, Jerry Rice, Deion Sanders, Bruce Smith, Jackie Smith, Lawrence Taylor and Kurt Warner. Also signing the letter is Sarah White, Reggie White’s widow.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/18/group-of-hall-of-famers-demands-an-annual-salary-and-health-benefits/

• Like 1

As everyone with even a casual interest in the NFL is aware by now, the Browns ended a 635-day winless streak on Thursday night with their 21-17 win over the Jets.

With the Browns off the hook, the honor of holding the league’s longest winless streak now rests with the Texans. Houston beat the Cardinals 31-21 on November 19 behind two D'Onta Foreman touchdown runs and two Tom Savage touchdown passes and then closed out the 2017 season with six straight losses. They lost their first two games this season and the streak sits at 306 days as of Friday.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/21/texans-now-have-nfls-longest-winless-streak/

• 3 weeks later...

This is what I've thought would happen all along...

It wouldn’t make any sense to play all eight games in London while basing the team in Jacksonville, but one option that could make sense is playing four home games a year at Wembley Stadium and the other four in Jacksonville, while keeping the team facility in Florida. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/11/report-khan-exploring-tax-implications-of-playing-in-london-basing-team-in-jacksonville/