NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

51 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The only other quarterback who has wins over 31 teams is a surprising one: Kerry Collins, who started in a win over every team except the Dolphins in his 17-year career with the Giants, Titans, Panthers, Raiders, Colts and Saints.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/18/if-saints-beat-ravens-on-sunday-drew-brees-will-have-wins-over-all-32-teams/

41-donut.  

Anyone who has watched football this year knows the Chiefs can stretch the field, but according to one opponent, they stretched it beyond a half-marathon.

Broncos cornerback Chris Harris Jr. told Lindsay Jones of The Athletic that his Fitbit tracker he wears on game days showed he ran nearly 15 miles when he played against the Chiefs. He said he couldn’t remember a time when the tracker showed him at more than 11 miles.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/25/chiefs-offense-is-taking-opponents-the-distance/

Colts kicker Adam Vinatieri passed another milestone in Sunday’s win over the Raiders. Vinatieri broke a tie with Hall of Fame kicker Morten Andersen for first place on the all-time scoring list when he kicked a field goal in the first half of the game that moved him up to 2,547 points scored for his career.

Vinatieri:  “I had the privilege to play against him a handful of times in my early, early years and his twilight years. Meeting him was awesome. He had 2,000-some-odd points, and his all-time stats and scoring numbers, I remember thinking nobody’s ever going to come close to that. It’s just so many points.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/28/adam-vinatieri-i-thought-no-one-would-get-close-to-morten-andersens-record/

The Bengals defense isn’t just bad, it’s historically bad. Cincinnati allowed the Chiefs to gain 551 yards last week, which is 1,127 in the past two weeks combined. That’s 101 yards more than the Bengals have allowed in a two-game stretch in franchise history, via Dehner. The Bengals gave up 576 yards Sunday, a team record for the Bucs offense. Cincinnati won on a last-play field goal because it forced four Jameis Winston turnovers before Tampa Bay benched the quarterback.

“If we didn’t have those takeaways, they would have had 800 yards, and Jameis would have still been in the game,” Bengals linebacker Preston Brown said, via Paul Dehner Jr. of the Cincinnati Enquirer.

“It’s broke. It’s broke,” Bengals cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick said. “It’s something we have to fix.”

The Saints gave up 7,042 yards in 2012 to set the NFL record for most yards allowed in a season. The Bengals are on pace to allow 7,164.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/28/bengals-on-pace-to-allow-most-yards-in-nfl-history/

If you are what your record says you are, Hue Jackson is the second-worst coach in NFL history.

The Browns’ loss today drops Jackson to 11-44-1 as an NFL head coach: 8-8 in Oakland and 3-36-1 in Cleveland. That’s a winning percentage of .205. How bad is that? There have been 219 coaches in NFL history who coached at least 40 games in their career. Jackson ranks 218th in career winning percentage.

The only coach who was worse was Bert Bell, who led the Eagles to a record of 10-46-2 (.179) from 1936 to 1941. And Bell couldn’t be fired because he was also the owner of the Eagles.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/28/hue-jacksons-record-ranks-218th-of-219-coaches-in-nfl-history/

ouch.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

How Hue Jackson hasn’t been fired yet is remarkably baffling. 

The Browns massively screwed up by not firing Jackson and hiring Matt Nagy, instead.

The Browns now have an attractive roster and a GM that seems to have them on the right path. I'm not sure why they didn't fire him last year, would have been better for Mayfield.

36 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Wow. They really gave control to Williams, who’s been just as big of a problem as Jackson. 

#Cleveland

Well, Williams ain't going to be there beyond the season...and he has HC experience, while Haley was actively undermining his HC (which isn't a huge surprise).  So, Williams is the logical answer (unless it actually is Al Saunders).  

I imagine it'll be a guy like Dave Toub or Winston Moss will get the head job in 2019, unless he opts for re-tread to get it back on track like Jim Schwartz.  

CBS analyst and two-time coach of the year Bruce Arians said the only job that would tempt him was the Browns job currently held by interim Gregg Williams. The colorful coach worked for the Browns from 2001-03, and was on the staff which made the lone playoff appearance of the modern era of the Browns (2002).

Arians: “Cleveland is the only job I would consider.”