NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

I don't disagree, I'd just want to be prepared.

Fair enough...I'm sure they'd also want to let those guys be in a good position as well (although I'm pretty sure they've already had a good idea what's going to happen)

I think Vikings fans are going to have to wait until the eleventh hour for news on who’s been released/traded. 

If they are still trying to negotiate restructures with guys like Griffen and Rudolph, that’s going to go down to the last minute. 

The same goes for a possible trade involving Griffen. I’m guessing that any potential trade partner is going to want to see how the pass rusher market plays out. They also know that if no restructure happens, the Vikings are likely going to release Griffen. 

As for Remmers and Sendejo. Sendejo can basically be cut at any time. If they’re going to do it, I’d expect it to happen right around the time that the legal “tampering” period begins. Remmers on the other hand, we might be waiting a while before we see his release. The Vikings would save an extra $1.2M in cap space if they waited to cut him June 1st. 

16 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

Does the money not come off the books until June 1 then I'm assuming?

That would be the case, which of course would hamper them in any free agent signings...so saving that $1.2M wouldn't be enough to warrant waiting.  

• Like 1

It all depends on whether the team thinks that having an extra $4.5M now will be more beneficial than having $5.7M later, combined with either eating $1.8M this year versus eating $1.2M in 2020. 

For me, getting an extra $1.2M right around the time you start signing your rookie class seems like a smarter move. 

41 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It all depends on whether the team thinks that having an extra $4.5M now will be more beneficial than having $5.7M later, combined with either eating $1.8M this year versus eating $1.2M in 2020. 

For me, getting an extra $1.2M right around the time you start signing your rookie class seems like a smarter move. 

That is certainly a possibility and something they would need to weigh.  I'm just glad I don't have to make that call because they could get ripped no matter what decision is made.  ;)

13 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I know a lot of people here (me included) were fans of Billy Turned coming out of NDSU (also from Shoreview, MN). I have to imagine Rick will give him a real look

I hope it doesn't cost us $6 to $8 million to get him but it probably will.