NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

If a free agent WR is brought in, I'd hope they can play on the outside. Thielen is so good in the slot, I'd hate to not have him there in 3 WR sets.

I think Robinson will be brought back. 

Just not sure that Jordy Nelson and Pierre Garçon offer much. 

Maybe Ryan Grant? He was pretty good in Washington in 2017 with Cousins. 

Edited by vikingsrule

15 hours ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Only 10M of the offer from the Steelers was actually guaranteed.  Guy was making a statement: "make sure I'm secure financially before I risk my body for you"

Makes sense to me. Maybe we should practice a little empathy before just calling people you've never met an idiot...just a thought

I have zero empathy for a guy who uses that kind of decision-making process.  I don't often call people idiots...but, he is one.  He made the choice to risk his body in the first place by choosing his career path, so him making that comment is facetious, at best.  Based on the organization he was playing for, there was far more than $10M guaranteed...even if contractually, it was only $10M.  Chuck Noll would have had to rise out of his grave for him not to get the great majority of the money of that contract he was offered.  

If he were playing for many other football teams other than the Steelers, maybe I would see things slightly differently, but him trying to make a stand out of the franchise tag only hurt himself.  If he had such a huge problem with it, then either choose a different career path, or take a more active role in the union to change it for the next go-around.  What he did is idiotic, plain and simple.  And there's no other term more suitable for it because it changed nothing, except cost him money.  But, that was his prerogative...and he has to live with the consequences.  

Edited by swede700

10 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

If a free agent WR is brought in, I'd hope they can play on the outside. Thielen is so good in the slot, I'd hate to not have him there in 3 WR sets.

I think Robinson will be brought back. 

Just not sure that Jordy Nelson and Pierre Garçon offer much. 

Maybe Ryan Grant? He was pretty good in Washington in 2017 with Cousins. 

Why wouldn’t Garçon?

16 hours ago, vikestyle said:

I mean there's no way he doesn't end up a patriot, right? He was even cut so he won't affect Bill's precious comp picks. 

I heard (only heard, mind you; there certainly wasn't any reason to watch the Raiders) that Nelson looked like a walking corpse last year and contributed little if anything to the team. I'm not sure even Belichick's magic can resurrect your career if you can't physically do it anymore.

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That's kind of odd...but, I guess they're not going to settle on Gabbert being the backup?  Unless they're converting him to WR.  :D

Could the Dolphins be preparing to made a deal with Arizona to acquire the number one pick?  Or will they give up a 3rd for Josh Rosen??  Hard to figure out what's going on in South Beach!

Not defending him in any way here especially after what he did in the past, but my dad once broke my brothers leg, just horsing around with us 4 and rolled over by brothers leg. 

Police investigated after bringing him to the doctor along with social services checking in and questioning us. 

Its typical in a parental situation when they  injure their children.

That being said, it was the exact same child that was involved in the last situation. So I’m not defending him, but will be waiting until further details come out. 

If he in fact did it “on purpose” or during “punishment” he should be done. Lock him up. 

• Like 3