NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Also, what are scouts supposed to do at this point? They've already finished all their reports and given everything to have to the people in charge.

oh, i imagine its a very fluid situation right up to the moment of handing in your cards.

So, the Chiefs decided that they didn’t want to franchise Dee Ford and traded him for a 2nd round pick in 2020, only to turn around and trade away this year’s 1st, and a 2020 2nd to Seattle for Frank Clark?

Dee Ford got 5 years, $85M. the Chiefs are giving Clark 5 years, $106M plus losing a 1st round pick in the process.

And this doesn’t even consider Clark’s history with domestic violence at a time when the Chiefs are dealing with Tyreek Hill’s situation, and already cut Kareem Hunt for his altercation. Doesn’t seem like a lot of self awareness for the Chiefs.

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

So, the Chiefs decided that they didn’t want to franchise Dee Ford and traded him for a 2nd round pick in 2020, only to turn around and trade away this year’s 1st, and a 2020 2nd to Seattle for Frank Clark?

Dee Ford got 5 years, $85M. the Chiefs are giving Clark 5 years, $106M plus losing a 1st round pick in the process.

And this doesn’t even consider Clark’s history with domestic violence at a time when the Chiefs are dealing with Tyreek Hill’s situation, and already cut Kareem Hunt for his altercation. Doesn’t seem like a lot of self awareness for the Chiefs.

I haven't yet gauged the opinions of the local Chiefs' fans here in the workplace, but I imagine they aren't going to be too happy.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, swede700 said:

I offered Griffen to the Chiefs' fans a couple of months ago.  I'm not sure they really wanted him.  :D

At this point, who would? His stock is really low. That injury two years ago combined with his emotional well being definitely makes him damaged goods. Plus any team would have had to figure out a new contract, which Griffen probably wouldn't have been too accepting of (believe he said that he wanted to retire a Viking).

Kicker Sebastian Janikowski‘s long run in the NFL has come to an end. Janikowski is retiring from the NFL 19 years after he was drafted in the first round by the Raiders. He spent the next 18 seasons with the team and closed out his career with the Seahawks in 2018.

Janikowski was 436-of-542 on field goals and 605-of-614 on extra points over the course of his career. The 436 made field goals tie Janikowski with Jason Elam for ninth in NFL history and will go along with his status as the last kicker drafted in the first round, his booming leg and bulky physique as reasons why he’ll be long remembered by those who saw him play.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/28/sebastian-janikowski-retires-from-the-nfl/

• 2 weeks later...

In February, he became MVP of the Super Bowl. Three months later, he’s become a college graduate. Patriots receiver Julian Edelman received his degree on Saturday, along with the rest of the Kent State class of 2019. Drafted a decade ago by the Patriots in round seven, Edelman had never completed the requirements for his degree at the school where he served as a three-year starter.

Edelman: “We did it! I want to set a great example for my daughter, and complete a promise I made to my parents over 10 years ago."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/11/julian-edelman-graduates-from-kent-state/

• Like 1