NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m pulling for Gordon. He’s one of the most talented receivers to ever play the game, he just has some major demons to overcome. 

Best of luck to him. He, and the Browns, could use some good luck. 

Me too.  He was as complete a package as the league has seen in a WR.  I hope that he is sticking with a plan for continued sobriety and that he plays well.  It would be a significant boost to long suffering Browns fans.

Here’s the stat of the week. Quarterback Brock Osweiler will start for the Broncos on Sunday at Philadelphia. The Broncos will pay him $48,437 for his efforts. And the Browns will pay him $895,588.

Of course, that’s what the Browns have been paying him every week, under the $16 million guaranteed salary that Cleveland inherited when accepting Osweiler and a second-round pick from the Texans. After the Browns cut Osweiler, the Broncos signed him to a one-year deal for the six-year minimum salary of $775,000, leaving the Browns on the hook for $15.225 million.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/02/browns-will-pay-brock-osweiler-895588-to-play-for-the-broncos-this-weekend/

42 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

If only there was an unsigned QB out there that does some of the things Watson does and had a similar athletic skillset...

If only that QB was adequate as a passer like Watson is. You've got to look beyond athletic ability to determine fit, not that simple.

feel bad for Texans fans.

3 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Don't forget O'Brien and McGloin have a history together. That matters, especially midway through a season.

Certainly helps. How long would it take Kaep to learn O'Briens offense. Maybe the upside would be there in a few weeks but I can't imagine a QB without history would succeed getting thrown out there. Reminds me of how disastrous Josh Freeman was here.

Andrew Luck wasn’t ready for the start of the season after having surgery on his right shoulder this offseason, he wasn’t ready to play at any point in the first eight weeks of the season and he won’t be ready to play at any point in the final nine weeks.

The Colts announced on Thursday that Luck is going on injured reserve, which means he won’t be practicing or playing for the rest of the season. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/02/andrew-luck-to-ir-wont-play-in-2017/