NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

31 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Florio, if I remember correctly, got into a few Twittter spats and was pretty adamant that Cousins a.) was going to sign with the highest bidder, b.) was just using the Vikings to drive up the Jets’ offer, and c.) said that there would be no fully guaranteed contract. 

He was wrong on all three, and he’s been pretty salty about it. 

Maybe, but he's absolutely right that Cousins isn't good enough. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:
Miami may already have their QB. But are they smart enough to see that?

Wonder if they'd take Kirk and a later pick for Rosen. They're obviously looking to tank for a QB. They can get one year of Cousins to groom the new kid without putting him behind a swiss cheese line. They get an extra pick to take on salary for one year (Osweiler type deal), and we get a guy on a cheap deal we can try out for a couple of seasons.

Kirk would have to waive his NTC, but if things go as bad as they have been, he may be ready to get out of Dodge.  

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

Why would Cousins waive his no trade clause to ruin his value even more on a bad team?

I don't believe he would. Just a hypothetical scenario. But if the media and fans get on him enough, perhaps. 

I don't think it will happen at all. I'm just saying I wouldn't mind if it did. 

Edited by wcblack34

Anybody think that Eli might wind up on the Saints roster this season??  Any interest for the Vikings if he gets released?  I could see some value in having a Super Bowl winning QB as your teams back up.

16 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Anybody think that Eli might wind up on the Saints roster this season??  Any interest for the Vikings if he gets released?  I could see some value in having a Super Bowl winning QB as your teams back up.

Eli does nothing for me.  Although, neither does Mannion so I wouldn't complain about Manning for minimum. There is almost no way he would agree to that so it is all moot.

I've been thinking about the quarterback position in the NFL, and the surprising play of very young quarterbacks.  I'm reminded of the superstars, the older and the younger, who played in the NBA in the '80's and '90's.  In my opinion, right now:

Aaron Rodgers is Magic Johnson

Tom Brady is Larry Bird

Patrick Mahomes is Michael Jordan

6 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I've been thinking about the quarterback position in the NFL, and the surprising play of very young quarterbacks.  I'm reminded of the superstars, the older and the younger, who played in the NBA in the '80's and '90's.  In my opinion, right now:

Aaron Rodgers is Magic Johnson

Tom Brady is Larry Bird

Patrick Mahomes is Michael Jordan

There is still room for Isaiah Thomas. Can Kirk Cousins be Isaiah Thomas?

Championships? Hall of fame career?

Yeah, it is more likely some other QB would compare more favorably to Thomas.  But one can dream.