NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

9 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Speaking of Holton Hill he'll be eligible to return after our TNF matchup with the Redskins.

I imagine it'll be awhile before he actually plays, considering he'll need to get back into the groove.  He'll probably be inactive for a couple of weeks.  

Just now, VikeManDan said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think it is really stupid that a suspended player can't be around the team during their suspension? I think they should be allowed to participate in team activities while suspended.

It's like out of school suspension...that has never made sense to me either. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think it is really stupid that a suspended player can't be around the team during their suspension? I think they should be allowed to participate in team activities while suspended.

It is stupid. Being in the locker room and around teammates provides structure and a support system, something that all people with a substance abuse issue need in their lives. The NFL’s policy of basically shunning a player is completely backwards. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

And that’ll likely conclude Morgan’s time in Minnesota. 

You never know. Is he certain to be an UFA? He didn’t get an accrued season this year, or is that not correct?

if Rudolph is released, I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing back Morgan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

You never know. Is he certain to be an UFA? He didn’t get an accrued season this year, or is that not correct?

if Rudolph is released, I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing back Morgan.

I don’t know how accrued seasons work in regards to injuries. 

And by looking at the structure of Rudolph’s contract, per OTC, I would think it’s very unlikely that he’s released after this year. He’s here at least through 2020. 

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t know how accrued seasons work in regards to injuries. 

And by looking at the structure of Rudolph’s contract, per OTC, I would think it’s very unlikely that he’s released after this year. He’s here at least through 2020. 

Still a couple of million could be saved by moving on. For a cap starved team, that may be necessary. 

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Still a couple of million could be saved by moving on. For a cap starved team, that may be necessary. 

They could, but it's far more likely that they move on from Reiff or Rhodes before Rudy...and not to mention that Everson's contract is going to void out.  They also could potentially renegotiate with Harry and Linval to free up money.

9 minutes ago, swede700 said:

They could, but it's far more likely that they move on from Reiff or Rhodes before Rudy...and not to mention that Everson's contract is going to void out.  They also could potentially renegotiate with Harry and Linval to free up money.

I guess I don’t see any reason to keep a $9 million TE around who’s catching about 1.5 passes per game, has never been known as a good blocker and is over 30. If it was any other player, let’s say a free agent who hasn’t been with the team for years, would anyone think twice about it?

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I guess I don’t see any reason to keep a $9 million TE around who’s catching about 1.5 passes per game, has never been known as a good blocker and is over 30. If it was any other player, let’s say a free agent who hasn’t been with the team for years, would anyone think twice about it?

No, certainly not...and it could change...I guess I'm just hesitant to think they'd make that move first considering they just extended him.  If they had done it before the 2018 season, I'd think differently. 

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

And that’ll likely conclude Morgan’s time in Minnesota. 

I don't recall the injury but I question why he wouldn't have had the surgery earlier. Unless they thought time could've healed it and just weren't seeing the results they needed to see.