NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

On 10/20/2019 at 7:33 AM, vike daddy said:

i remember when Tampa Bay was in the NFC North. or was that another Universe...?

Yes, that was another universe, as they were in the NFC Central...and the St. Louis/Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals were in the East and the Atlanta Falcons were in the NFC West.  But, the real question is do you remember when the Buccaneers were in the AFC West?  

Edited by swede700

9 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

The Chiefs have more than enough talent, both in the field and coaching, to win a few games while Mahomes is out. 

They’ve got talent but the schedule doesn’t help the next two weeks. Packers followed by the Vikes. Moore is going to have to play mistake free to have a shot but that KC home field advantage will be huge for them. After that, they’ve got the Chargers and Titans so it eases up. I’d assume KC is going to want Mahomes ready for that Raiders game on Dec 1.

They probably don’t need another QB to compete with the Chargers and Titans and any QB brought in probably won’t be ready for the two more difficult games the next two weeks.

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I never knew that!

Count me in the group that would favor geographical alignment for the most part. Certain rivalries would be hard to remove.

I don't think it's really necessary to realign, unless they plan on adding more teams (which I have suggested adding 4 in the past)...if they do that, they'll have to realign.  

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The NFL would be better off getting rid of some teams than adding teams. 

Well, it may be better off to do so, but we all know that isn't going to happen...especially if they want to add a couple of international teams.  

5 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Not necessary for sure, but they could certainly clean up a few things a la the Dolphins in the AFC East.

There's only a 500 mile difference from New York to Miami than New York to Indianapolis, so it's not really all that big enough to warrant changing.  Houston to Miami is about the same distance as NY to Miami, so it wouldn't make any sense to move Indianapolis to the East.  Plus, it just makes sense to keep all the former AFL teams together.  Detroit is closer to the NFC East teams than Dallas is, would you consider making that move?  That makes about as much sense.  

Edited by swede700

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

There's only a 500 mile difference from New York to Miami than New York to Indianapolis, so it's not really all that big enough to warrant changing.  Houston to Miami is about the same distance as NY to Miami, so it wouldn't make any sense to move Indianapolis to the East.    

Why not move the Giants to the AFC East?

It's nit-picking for sure. I'm OK with things as they currently are but think it could be improved.

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

Why not move the Giants to the AFC East?

It's nit-picking for sure. I'm OK with things as they currently are but think it could be improved.

Because you don't want 2 teams who play in the same stadium to be in the same division.  We've seen how ridiculous that is in the NBA.  

Just now, swede700 said:

Because you don't want 2 teams who play in the same stadium to be in the same division.  We've seen how ridiculous that is in the NBA.  

Don't leave the NHL LA Kings out of there! If the NBA/NHL can figure it out for three 82-game schedules I'm sure the NFL could figure it out for 32 games. ;)