NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

Consider that he has less mileage than a typical 32 year old, the contract is not a long term one, and he’s still likely to be productive during the years left. I think the Vikings would happily pay top 15-20 money to a productive veteran team leader. Especially when it is easy to cut him any any point going forward.

20 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Consider that he has less mileage than a typical 32 year old, the contract is not a long term one, and he’s still likely to be productive during the years left. I think the Vikings would happily pay top 15-20 money to a productive veteran team leader. Especially when it is easy to cut him any any point going forward.

I agree, especially since they aren’t going to find a comparable player to step in from day one. I think Griffen and Alexander need to be the top two free agent priorities. I trust the Vikes to be able to draft and develop a DE but they should have drafted someone this year if they wanted to move on from Griffen in 2020.

I'm not going to stretch out this conversation any further, but I will continue to disagree...for numerous reasons.  While you all make some fair points, I don't agree with the conclusion, especially considering I feel they have adequate replacements for him should he not agree to that lower salary.  

• Like 1

Peyton Manning set an important record five years and two months ago, when touchdown pass No. 510 put him beyond Brett Favre. Manning retired with 539, and he has not one but two quarterbacks about to pass him by.

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has 536; with four today at Cincinnati, the record will be his. But Saints quarterback Drew Brees has 537. With three on Monday night against the Colts (he had five last Sunday against the 49ers), Brees would leapfrog Manning, too.

However it unfolds, Manning is destined to be in third place while Brady and Brees jockey for the all-time record. Ultimately, the winner could be the guy who plays longer. Brady, now 42, continues to say he wants to play until he’s 45. Brees, who turns 41 a month from today, hasn’t specifically committed to an expiration date.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/15/peyton-mannings-all-time-passing-touchdown-record-could-fall-today-and-tomorrow/

11 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Josh Gordon is suspended again. How much does that hurt the Seahawks?

I don't know how much it hurts the Seahawks...but, this behavior from Gordon is much more than knuckleheaded stupidity.  He is exhibiting the behavior of a high functioning addict.  I am in the camp that addiction is a disease.  I hope that he can finally get well.  He is a tremendous talent, but he shouldn't be let back into the NFL for the foreseeable future for his own health and well-being. 

44 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I don't know how much it hurts the Seahawks...but, this behavior from Gordon is much more than knuckleheaded stupidity.  He is exhibiting the behavior of a high functioning addict.  I am in the camp that addiction is a disease.  I hope that he can finally get well.  He is a tremendous talent, but he shouldn't be let back into the NFL for the foreseeable future for his own health and well-being. 

This is something like Strike 4, he shouldn't be let back in period. 

I have a feeling that marijuana is probably going to be dealt with in the next CBA, and that players won't be suspended for it. I wonder how much that would have benefited Gordon. If it's only weed that he's been suspended for (exclusive of the PED's he was apparently busted for this time), his career may have gone a lot differently.