NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Drew Brees taking the the TD record is even more impressive when you consider that he only had 80 after 5 years in San Diego. 

Imagine if the Vikings went after Brees when he was a free agent. Miami probably isn't really happy with their decision not pass up dinged shoulder Brees and instead go with bum wheel Culpepper. That concerning shoulder sure doesn't look concerning now.

I would love it if Teddy Bridgewater, and his concerning knee, in New Orleans takes the same path as Brees and his concerning shoulder took there. I just would have liked it even better if either of their paths to coming back from injury involved the Vikings.

I did hear on the Power Trip (in the 5 minutes or so that I actually listened to it this AM), about the "What-If" regarding that whole Brees to Miami situation.  Imagine if the the Dolphins, who were under Nick Saban at the time, had chosen Brees over Daunte.  Would Alabama even be the powerhouse they are now?  I don't think so...as Nick Saban may have likely still been the Dolphins' head coach for several years (if not even still now).  That one decision had so much impact on New Orleans, Miami, and Alabama.  

As far as Teddy, if he doesn't end up staying in New Orleans, I'd love to see Stefanski bring him in whereever he ends up as head coach.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Imagine if the Vikings went after Brees when he was a free agent. Miami probably isn't really happy with their decision not pass up dinged shoulder Brees and instead go with bum wheel Culpepper. That concerning shoulder sure doesn't look concerning now.

I would love it if Teddy Bridgewater, and his concerning knee, in New Orleans takes the same path as Brees and his concerning shoulder took there. I just would have liked it even better if either of their paths to coming back from injury involved the Vikings.

If I recall correctly, the Vikings kicked the tires on Brees, but his wife was adamant about playing in warmer climates.

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

If I recall correctly, the Vikings kicked the tires on Brees, but his wife was adamant about playing in warmer climates.

This is what I remember as well.

And there’s no way a Brees/Childress combo looks anywhere close to the Brees/Payton combo. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 2

Saints quarterback Drew Brees is now the NFL’s all-time record holder in career passing touchdowns, and he’s also the all-time record holder in career passing yards. Sort of. Brees holds the career records because the NFL only counts regular-season statistics toward career totals. But if the NFL also included the postseason, Tom Brady would be the record holder for both touchdowns and yards.

The NFL’s career passing touchdown rankings currently have Brees first with 541, Peyton Manning second with 539, and Brady third with 538. But Brady is the all-time leader in postseason touchdown passes with 73, Manning is fourth with 40, and Brees is sixth with 33. Add postseason and regular season together, and the record looks like this:

Tom Brady 610
Peyton Manning 579
Drew Brees 574

The career passing yardage record currently belongs to Brees with 76,884, followed by Brady with 74,079 and Manning with 71,940. But Brady owns the postseason record with 11,179 passing yards, Manning is second with 7,339, and Brees is seventh with 4,759. So if we add those together, the career totals look like this:

Tom Brady 85,258
Drew Brees 81,643
Peyton Manning 79,279

Brees owns the regular season records, and Brady probably won’t catch him. But to catch Brady for the true career totals, Brees will likely have to play at least one season after Brady retires.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/17/when-postseason-is-included-brady-owns-the-career-records-for-tds-yards/

• 2 weeks later...

For those that care for these sort of things (like me)...

The Los Angeles Rams aren’t just moving to a new stadium in 2020. They’re also getting a facelift as part of an overall identity rebranding for the franchise.

Next season, the Rams will hit the field with a new look. This includes updated colors, uniforms, as well as a new helmet and logo. The details of the changes haven’t yet been revealed, but they are confirmed to be coming.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/02/rams-coo-confirms-new-uniforms-helmets-colors-and-logo-are-coming-in-2020/?fbclid=IwAR3VYCnuC_YmtEF5pUC-G3KIdS9M0Ij0PshftgrwO6SNaZ3ZnAPCMuvPgS4

What do you mean, new logo?  You can't do that.  

• Like 1