NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

This is why I said you have to do the work if you want to know about something and make good arguments. It seems that you haven’t even done the bare minimum to find out verifiable quotes and information surrounding these players, yet we’ve gone back and forth for a few days as you try to justify an opinion with very little in the way of facts to support your case.

Im really not trying to rag on you, just trying to understand why you said what you did. Having a minority opinion is great, but you should be able to reasonably support it when confronted by someone from the majority.

Kaep has repeatedly said that he wants a chance to compete for a spot on a roster. Cam has been a lightning rod for criticism, often because of his own actions, and has stated through the media that he still views himself as a starter. That’s really it... all verifiable from an number of reputable sources.

• Like 3

As NFLPA executive director De Smith likes to you, you’re entitled to your own opinion, but you’re not entitled to your own facts.

Some have argued that Kaepernick rejected an opportunity to sign with the Broncos since becoming a free agent in March 2017. That is false. The Broncos considered trading for Kaepernick in 2016 (after the retirement of Peyton Manning and defection of Brock Osweiler to Houston), before Kaepernick ever protested during the anthem, but he declined to reduce his guaranteed salary to facilitate a trade. Then, once he became a free agent in 2017, the Broncos showed no interest, arguing basically that he had his chance to sign with the team in 2016. (Meanwhile, Osweiler was offered a contract in 2017, a year after spurning the Broncos for the Texans.)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/06/15/revisiting-the-colin-kaepernick-false-narratives/

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

While I don’t know the details of that particular story. Mike Florio is about the last guy who should be spouting about not being entitled to your own facts. 

I actually generally find his facts to be correct, but the opinions associated with those facts I don't always agree with.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I don't remember all of the details but the fiasco of his last workout made it seem like neither side wanted it to work all that much. 

The NFL and its franchises had not acted in good faith up until that point. This is a good article on the subject. Neither side handled it well, but I find it difficult to fault Kaepernick given the years of bad faith communication from the league.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

The NFL and its franchises had not acted in good faith up until that point. This is a good article on the subject. Neither side handled it well, but I find it difficult to fault Kaepernick given the years of bad faith communication from the league.

I basically was going to say the same thing in my post from above, but then deleted it because I felt my blood pressure start to rise, so determined it wasn't right to post it. ;)

39 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

It doesn't look good on their part.  I dont get why they didn't have them going there separate ways as part of the settlement so this wouldn't come up again

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

That's probably a good idea.  Because we all know that there will be players that won't be able to play for 2 weeks because they come out positive. 

Will they still have to clear waivers before being placed on the practice squad?

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I imagine they probably would, but most teams will probably collude and not claim them..except for Belichick.

I was just thinking, that perhaps suspending that part for just this year, would be a good idea.