NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

The Dolphins are moving on from Josh Rosen after one season, according to multiple reports. The team tried to trade him, but when they couldn’t find a taker, they decided to waive Rosen. They still have a few hours to find a trade partner before Rosen officially hits the waiver wire.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/04/reports-dolphins-cutting-josh-rosen/

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The Dolphins are moving on from Josh Rosen after one season, according to multiple reports. The team tried to trade him, but when they couldn’t find a taker, they decided to waive Rosen. They still have a few hours to find a trade partner before Rosen officially hits the waiver wire.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/04/reports-dolphins-cutting-josh-rosen/

I wouldn’t mind bringing him in as a backup, I feel like we need some help in that area.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

but why..? 

it seems like he just doesn't have what it takes.

Has anyone actually seen if he has what it takes? The Cardinals were a dumpster fire of a team when he was there. The Dolphins weren’t much better. Is he going to be Tom Brady or Mahomes? Not likely. But he’s young, has the physical tools for the position, and can’t be any worse than the chum that the Vikings have had as backups the last few years. Kirk is here for several more years. No harm in having a bit more potential behind him than Semien and Mannion. And yes, even if he sucks, he’s still got more potential than either of those guys. 

That said, I’d let him clear waivers first, then sign him for less. 

Edited by wcblack34
  • Like 2

Yeah I'd like for Rosen to be our back up over Mannion. I think hes a much better QB. Maybe bring him in and let him be the 3rd QB until he can learn the offense and cut Mannion after hes learns it. I trust in Cousins ability to stay healthy so maybe just cut Mannion and bring in Rosen if they only want to carry 2 QBs. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

but why..? 

it seems like he just doesn't have what it takes.

Because I don’t think he’s actually been given a chance. And our QBs behind Cousins are Sean Mannion and Browning/Stanley on the PS. 

Personally, I’m very much against the way the Vikings approach the QB room. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1