Jump to content
Heimdallr

NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, RpMc said:

Rosen ends up signing with Tampa Bay on their practice squad.  Left himself no more room for excuses.  Get's to learn from Tom Brady, Bruce Arians, and is with the OC who wanted him in Arizona.

plus he got a two year contract, something Arizona and Miami did not give him. so he plays behind Brady for two years and then has his chance to be the starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Saints missed out on signing Jadeveon Clowney, but it wasn’t for a lack of creativity. Saints head coach Sean Payton confirmed that the team tried to work out a deal that would have seen another team, believed to be the Browns, sign Clowney and pay his signing bonus before trading him and the remainder of his salary to the Saints for a draft pick. The idea was to work around the Saints’ limited cap space by making a trade that hasn’t been seen in the NFL before.

On Monday, Payton said they asked the league if that would be kosher and the initial response was “very positive” before they ultimately ruled that it wouldn’t be allowed.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/07/sean-payton-we-felt-like-we-got-close-on-jadeveon-clowney/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who are your surprise teams during the first 1/4th of the season?  I think Cleveland in the AFC, but maybe not that much of a surprise.  In the NFC, I've got Carolina!  They have done well, even without Christian McCaffrey.  Teddy Bridgewater is a damn fine quarterback for a ball control, eat the clock offense...you know, the kind of offense the Vikings want to have!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Who are your surprise teams during the first 1/4th of the season?  I think Cleveland in the AFC, but maybe not that much of a surprise.  In the NFC, I've got Carolina!  They have done well, even without Christian McCaffrey.  Teddy Bridgewater is a damn fine quarterback for a ball control, eat the clock offense...you know, the kind of offense the Vikings want to have!!

I was waiting last season and into this season for the Falcons to bounce back...it hasn't happened and I've been surprised...a ooaching change is now going to be required, as they shouldn't be making the dumb mistakes they have.  In a similar sense, I'm kinda surprised that the Saints are 2-2...they should be better than that considering the amount of money they have tied up and will so for the foreseeable future.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, swede700 said:

  In a similar sense, I'm kinda surprised that the Saints are 2-2...they should be better than that considering the amount of money they have tied up and will so for the foreseeable future.

The Saints offense without Michael Thomas is not the Saints offense. They are playing with Kamara and gimmicks at the moment. They'll be back to being the Saints offense soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

What's our cap situation like?

Not great. But I’m sure we could come up with something. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I don't know what it would take, but if they can buy low on him I'd be all over this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone on the jets pique your interest?

Q. Williams, sure.  Others?

Edited by RpMc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Anyone on the jets pique your interest?

Q. Williams, sure.  Others?

Nope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say Blake Cashman, but that's for selfish reason, because we know of his work ethic.  But, he's not really a fit for Zimmer's defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of trades, how hard is Spielman working the phones this week with the trade deadline two weeks from tomorrow (11/3)?

Do we think anyone gets moved? I'd be calling around about Ant Harris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Speaking of trades, how hard is Spielman working the phones this week with the trade deadline two weeks from tomorrow (11/3)?

Do we think anyone gets moved? I'd be calling around about Ant Harris.

He's likely the only one being considered as trade bait.  You never know about Reiff, but Harris is the one with the most value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...