NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

Glad the move happened. Any coach pre-occupied with draft position isn't doing his job.  There's obviously a lot more to it (given how he handled the Wentz situation), but that was certainly the proverbial straw.

Edited by RpMc

11 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

How would you all feel about Pederson as Vikings OC?  He is a creative, bold play caller some of the time.  He'd probably rub Zimmer the wrong way.

Well, there is that whole bad experience with Pederson's former QB coach.  

43 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

How would you all feel about Pederson as Vikings OC?  He is a creative, bold play caller some of the time.  He'd probably rub Zimmer the wrong way.

I can’t say that I’d be a fan of the move, honestly.

There’s bold, and then there’s reckless. And for what ever reason, ever since he called “Philly Special”, and got all of the credit, his play calling has seemed more reckless. Who knows, maybe Frank Reich, and to a lesser extent DeFilippo, was more important to that regime than people gave credit. 

Edited by SemperFeist

The big question for the Eagles is where does this leave Wentz and Hurts? 

With the reports about their relationship, Pederson being let go would suggest that ownership is picking Wentz. But what does that do to the locker room? You’d have to be blind to not see the type of spark that Hurts provided. 

So a lot of what happened in Philly sounds like it stems from Pederson not being liked to "be told what to do"

That's all Zimmer does to his OC's, so even if he were a fit and there weren't red flags... I doubt Pederson would be interested in being dictated to.

• Like 1